Complaint Review: FIRESTONE COMPLETE AUTOCARE

• Updated: Sat, October 23, 2010

• Reported By: tjames42 — Amherst New York United States of America
FIRESTONE COMPLETE AUTOCARE
3931 Maple RD. Amherst, New York United States of America

FIRESTONE COMPLETE AUTOCARE AVOID! Dishonest Business - lied about the condition of my tires Amherst, New York

*UPDATE Employee: Why was the tire unrepairable?

The customers who frequent this shop are either too lazy to find better one or like unknowingly getting ripped off and receiving mediocre service. AVOID! IN SHORT: VERY POOR ETHNICS/INTEGRITY FROM STAFF, SHODDY WORKMANSHIP, EXPENSIVE. and unacceptable work on very SIMPLE work. Do yourself a favor and find another shop. AVOID! NOT TIRE REPAIR PROFESSIONALS - Conniving salesmen at best.

I drove to this shop to have a deflating tire repaired. The sales rep, Michael, said it would cost 35$ to repair a flat tire and the wait would be 1 hour. I agreed, but I only wish I had read these reviews and saved myself the trouble of coming here.

The truth is the seem like NICE people. They were courteous and polite when they were taking my contact info and swiping my credit card but that's it. The actual repair was dreadful and absolutely unacceptable. These guys are liars and will take advantage of trusting-passive hardworking people of buffalo.

They waited an hour and half to tell a LIE and make it seem legitimate. Daniel Hiebert, one of their technician, told me my tire was UNREPAIRABLE ( blatant lie having checked the tire myself later and going to another shop and having it fixed) and I needed a new tire. How much for a new tire? For a single tire: $210. Not even for a matching Dunlop tire I had but one with "exact tread match." OUTRAGEOUS.

I guess they didn't care about my future business and instead of doing the right thing and plugging the tire for $ 35, they thought they could make a quick dime off a young college student. They preferred to rip me off as a first time customer. So I just asked to put the spare on, and they did for 30$ dollars.

When I got my car, I gave them the benefit of the doubt and didn't check the tire pressure for the spare they put on. I drove a mile and decided to check it out of curiosity. The tire had a pressure of only 15 PSI. The recommended Psi for my car is 35 PSI. This is a very dangerous not have the correct pressure. Lower pressure means more friction and stress on the tire. The tire could have blown out and become ruined. The standard PSI for car tires is at least 30, so this implies that they didnt even check the pressure. Very ODD FOR A TIRE SHOP. VERY IRRESPONSIBLE TO RELEASE THE CAR TO ME IN THAT FASHION. They made it very clear that they didn't care about my safety or my continued support of their business.

Shame on the technician DANIEL HIEBERT! Michael and the entire staff at FIRESTONE AUTOCARE.

DUNN TIRES ON TRANSIT RD. ACTUALLY FIXED MY TIRE INSTEAD OF TRYING TO CHEAT ME.

Don't take a risk at this place. They even cheated the elderly lady before me. They told her there was wear on the side of the tire and recommended a wheel alignment for 30 dollars. Unsurprising she took their word.

**If they do such poor work just putting on a spare tire and don't even bother filling it with air (pathetic 15 PSI). Why risk asking them to fix something you can't see so easily or test yourself. It's all about integrity when it comes to repair shop. FIRESTONE AUTOCARE doesn't have any.

BTW. Their invoices says they aren't responsible for any items that go missing while your car's under their care. GREAT policy way to value and comfort your customers. Another reason to avoid.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/06/2010 04:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FIRESTONE-COMPLETE-AUTOCARE/Amherst-New-York-14226/FIRESTONE-COMPLETE-AUTOCARE-AVOID-Dishonest-Business-lied-about-the-condition-of-my-ti-638172. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FIRESTONE COMPLETE AUTOCARE

Why was the tire unrepairable?

AUTHOR: Volvoguy27 - (U.S.A.)

You forgot to mention why the tire was unrepairable. I am a tech for Firestone and I know that Firestone and many other national chains have very strict repair guidelines for tire repairs to avoid possible lawsuits. Also, I would like to know how Dunn tire fixed it. What was the method of repair? I will agree with you that the spare should have been inflated to the proper level, probably 60 psi if it was a doughnut spare, but there is NO standard inflation pressure for every car as you mentioned. People who read this should know that and check your door placard or owners manual for proper tire inflation. Follow them and always add 2-4 psi for warm tires.