Complaint Review: FIRST National Bank-Legacy Visa

• Submitted: Fri, May 02, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, February 05, 2007

• Reported By:Mansfield Louisiana
FIRST National Bank-Legacy Visa
P.O. Box 5120 Sioux Falls, South Dakota U.S.A.

FIRST National Bank-Legacy Visa ripoff Sioux Falls South Dakota

*Consumer Suggestion: the way to rebuild your credit is to change the behavior

*Consumer Comment: Rip off of a fee $179.00

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: False Hopes for a Woman and Child

Iwant my money back! I found out this is a rip-off when I was searching for a website on the internet.

Sonya
Mansfield, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/02/2003 08:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FIRST-National-Bank-Legacy-Visa/Sioux-Falls-South-Dakota-57117/FIRST-National-Bank-Legacy-Visa-ripoff-Sioux-Falls-South-Dakota-55390. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FIRST National Bank-Legacy Visa

#1 Consumer Suggestion

the way to rebuild your credit is to change the behavior

AUTHOR: Heather - (U.S.A.)

I understand your frustration with all of the fees and i know that situations occur that put all of us in a jam not to have the ability to pay our bills on time however it is very possible to pick yourself back up and get back on track.

I have a legacy visa and a couple of other second chance credit cards. after my bankruptcy i applied for one and paid on time for six months my income was decreased by half and i became 90 days late, i incurred all kinds of fees and felt that it was useless but then i realized that this was how i got in the situation in the first place i just gave up and didn't take the initiative to fix it.

i talked to the company got into one of their programs to reopen my account, remove interest for six months, increase my credit line so i wasn't over the limit any more and reduce my payments. i applied for a different card and kept that one on track too.

in may of 06 a woman at a cash advance place decided because in the past we had a falling out she would lie to be able to deposit a 767 dollar check which bounced about 2000 worth of check because i had courtesy pay and 480 in the bank it put me negative 400 dollars. i had no money and every time i put money in the bank to fix it another check would come through and the courtesy pay fees and the nsf fees.

it was a mess 2 years of working really hard to do better and then wham all down the tube because of someone with an attitude. i could have given up like i did in the past and say screw it but i didn't i tried to not be behind two payments in a row because it will report to the bureau and i paid more when i had the money or got student loan money, income tax etc. i have incurred a lot of fees also but i plucked away at it and as of today three of my credit cards were paid off in full.

You can talk to most companies and if you get the right person and are showing an effort they will wave fees and have programs within their company that will help you out. most of the credit card companies i am dealing with now realize things happen and if you show an effort they will do more for you than you think.

In closing - the lesson will not be learned by them because their are over five million people in this country alone with bad credit that will use their services. unfortunately not as many will succeed with these programs because when they don't hold up their end of the bargain and are penalized they get mad and seek vengence by not paying or they have learned to change the behavior. It only affects you and i know that you deserve to have nice things, a house and everything else that good credit will bring you but you have to do the leg work. I would recommend calling them and seeing what you can do because the balance only gets bigger and the goal of good credit and just being normal gets less attainable.

Rip off of a fee $179.00

AUTHOR: Arnaldo - (U.S.A.)

Several months ago, I got a new Legacy Visa, a limit of $250.00 line along with a fee of $179 to open the Visa account. Whenever I mailed a payment a bit late, they charged me the late fee of $30... this added up plus the highest interest percentage, so now I end up hopeless with the Legacy Visa bank. It's not worth doing a business with them! I gave up and decide not to make any payment anymore. They have to learn the hardest lesson.

#3 REBUTTAL Individual responds

False Hopes for a Woman and Child

AUTHOR: Mary - (U.S.A.)

How dare you!!!!! My son and I were in a car crash which put us in a major financial bind. When we received your letter, I felt some hope, but after reading some of the consumer comments, I realized that you are no better than the person that ripped of my web site address and stole my idenity. There is shame in greed and to feel our hearts with false pretense is shameful. May God forgive you,.