Complaint Review: Fairbanks Capitol Corporation Aka Select Portfolio Servicing

• Submitted: Thu, April 21, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, May 17, 2005

• Reported By:corinth Mississippi
Fairbanks Capitol Corporation Aka Select Portfolio Servicing
3815 Southwest Temple SAlt Lake City, Utah U.S.A.

Fairbanks Capitol Corporation Aka Select Portfolio Servicing ripoff even after losing to a class action lawsuit they are still stealing homes Salt Lake City Utah

*Consumer Suggestion: Please Don't Feed the Sharks!!

In January 2005 Select Portfolio Servicing just stopped taking my monthly payments out of my bank account. The note has been on bank draft ever since they started the practice of drafting. Then in April 2005 I get notified that they are going to repossess my house for non-payment. I had to file for bankruptcy back in June of 2004, but did not include my home in the terms, I reaffrimed the note and all was well for 6 months. Now I am in danger of losing my home.

Someone please HELP! What can I do to protect my property? I am in my seventies and live on a fixed income with my wife whom suffers from alzheimers. I can not afford an atorney, and the one who handled the bankruptcy says there is nothing i can do but pay them the $3000.00 they want and try to catch up my payments, or let them have my home.

Joe
corinth, Mississippi

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2005 07:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fairbanks-Capitol-Corporation-Aka-Select-Portfolio-Servicing/SAlt-Lake-City-Utah-84115-4412/Fairbanks-Capitol-Corporation-Aka-Select-Portfolio-Servicing-ripoff-even-after-losing-to-a-139683. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fairbanks Capitol Corporation Aka Select Portfolio Servicing

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Please Don't Feed the Sharks!!

AUTHOR: Carolyn - (U.S.A.)

Dear Sir, It greives my soul to hear this horror
story..I can only tell you what I have learned from exp with these people..they are the same Sharks they were when they were Fairbanks Capitol. They prey on home owners that have alot of equity in their homes...I paid the amount more than one time sorry to say. and when I tried to get away it was too late credit was ruined.they reported this on my credit report and then no one will refinance it.

My suggestion to yu is to put that money in an escrow account at your bank....each and every month while your fighting this...be strong and be prepared to move if possible....it has been 6-7 years fighting so far and has worn me down considerably and I'm only 42 single mother of 3....

It has affected their lives to say the least in alot of ways....If it should get too difficult to bear with your wife and the situation with the house then it's time to leave and take care of her...and yourself...If you filed a thirteen I beleive yu can file it again and include the house...best thing to do is find anpother bankruptsy attorney and explaind the situation to them and see what is the best way for you to fix this problem...If all else fails file a complaint with the Federall Trade Commision....Good Luck!! And God Bless!! Carolyn from Thomasville, N.C.