Complaint Review: Famous Poets Society

• Submitted: Sun, February 05, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, February 06, 2006

• Reported By:elizabeth Arkansas
Famous Poets Society
Box 21 Talent, Orego 97540 Nationwide U.S.A.

Famous Poets Society ripoff ordered and paid for 2 hard back books got none. Did after report of being published Talent Oregon Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: What to do! = Retired CPA

I entered a poetry contest on line and was notified that I was a winner and would be published. The offer to order books with my poem was offered.

I ordered 2 hardback books for 30 plus dollars, but did not receive. I was told at the convention the factory burned down. I still have not heard anything. I have called the listed phone number 3 times, but have not received any word, nor books.

I attended their convention in Reno for a significant amount, and was surprised how little I came away with. Knowledge on promoting my poetry was the goal, but that was not made available.

At this point, I just want my books, or my money back. It has been a ripoff all the way around

Karen
Elizabeth, Arkansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2006 06:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Famous-Poets-Society/nationwide/Famous-Poets-Society-ripoff-ordered-and-paid-for-2-hard-back-books-got-none-Did-after-rep-174885. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Famous Poets Society

#1 Consumer Suggestion

What to do! = Retired CPA

AUTHOR: Kenneth - (U.S.A.)

Call your credit card company and dispute the charges! Tell them you want the charges reversed as you never received the books. If you have to cancel the card and get a new number so they can't charge you again.

I have learned that when using the net to make purchases that it is best to have at least two credit cards. One you use for internet purchases only and one for everything else. If you feel ripped off immediately report it to your credit card company and have the card cancelled and a new one issued. They are usually happy to do this for you. At the same time never disclose bank information, but if you have and are getting charged, simply close the bank account and open a new one at the same bank. The rip off artists will soon find they cannot get paid and will stop charging you.

Retired CPA