Complaint Review: Fast-Fix Jewelry And Watch Repairs

• Submitted: Fri, May 01, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, May 01, 2009

• Reported By:Arlington Virginia
Fast-Fix Jewelry And Watch Repairs
Fashion Centre @ Pentagon City, 1100 Hayes St. Ste. M140, Arlington, Virginia U.S.A.
  • Phone: 703-414.262
  • Web:
  • Category: Jewelers

Fast-Fix Jewelry And Watch Repairs Exorbitantly Overpriced Watch Repair Arlington Virginia and Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: WHY?

I went to Fast-Fix in the Pentagon City Mall for a watch battery replacement. I asked the man at the counter (I believe he is the franchisee) what it would cost to replace the battery for my chronograph watch. He said $38.00. I told him that seemed very high and he reassured me that is the cost for that type of watch anywhere I would go. Believing his assurance that $38.00 is the standard cost for a chronograph watch battery replacement, I also paid an additional $10.95 for a 5-year warranty on my battery; he convinced me he was giving me the best deal.

So I paid $51.40 total (with tax) for a new watch battery. Needless to say, I looked up what the industry standard is for battery replacement and found that it is $10.00 is the average price and $12.50 is the most I should pay for my specific watch. You can buy the battery by itself of course and replace it yourself for under $5.00. I felt foolish for believing him and not realizing how inexpensive it truly is to replace my watch battery.

I called them and told the man I felt totally ripped off because I trusted he was honestly telling me the general cost of a battery for my watch and that he misled me by telling me that this type of watch takes a $38.00 battery. He said that I came into his store and paid their price and there is nothing he can do because they have a FINAL SALE NO REFUNDS policy. He said "I have other customers", and he hung up. I am filing this Ripoff Report to inform others that you should never pay more than $10-$15.00 for a watch repair. Do not go to any Fast-Fix, their prices are severely inflated and they are misleading in their customer communication.

A. S****
Arlington, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2009 12:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fast-Fix-Jewelry-And-Watch-Repairs/Arlington-Virginia-22202/Fast-Fix-Jewelry-And-Watch-Repairs-Exorbitantly-Overpriced-Watch-Repair-Arlington-Virginia-448059. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fast-Fix Jewelry And Watch Repairs

WHY?

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

Why do people post here and leave out important information out? Nowhere does the OP state what brand, or model of, watch he has. It's like complaining about taking your "vehicle" to jiffy-lube and complaining about the price. Kind of hard to know if he's been ripped off. If he took a diesel truck that takes 7 quarts or a mercedes that takes a special kind of filter or one of those VW's that takes that special kind of oil. Who's to know. Been in the business for 25+ years and there are several watches that take special batteries. One, COSTS ME $14.95 each. Had a lady who came in the other day. She took her anne klein(a $100 watch at most) watch to the mall. They charged her $28.95 to change the battery. Since she'd taken another watch in the week before, that they charged her $28.95, she had a coupon for $5 off, so she ended up paying $23.95 plus tax. Talk about a rip off. I charge $10, give or take. Couple weeks ago I had some lady come in with a Cartier, that I charged her $15 to change the battery. Week later she comes in with a 18K Piaget, probably a $35,000 watch, with 8 screws in the back, that I charged her $20. She flys off the handle and complains about the price. How I just charged her $15 the week before. IF I strip one of those screw, I have to replace it and MY cost is around $75. I've been putting batteries in watches for over 25 years.
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC