Complaint Review: FinancingAlternatives - Dell

• Submitted: Tue, July 20, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, August 10, 2004

• Reported By:Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
FinancingAlternatives - Dell
565 Cedar Road Chesapeake, Virginia U.S.A.

Financing Alternatives, Inc dishonest, rude customer service, bad contract. Rip-off! Chesapeake Virginia

*Author of original report: Got All My Money Back, Thanks Rip off Report!

I saw the commercial about owning your own dell computers for just $35.00 a week. I called up the 800 number and spoke with one of their reps. He told me I would get a desktop, digital camera and printer for $1875.00. The price was very expensive but since I couldn't get one directly from Dell, I had no choice, I really needed a computer.

I found it really weird that this company (Financing Alternatives) were asking you for your bank account number before sending out information to you. I still paid no attention to it. Then one day I decided to call up financing alternative and ask them what kind of computer it was, the girl told me a Dell. I ask her what type she said an intel celeron.

I told why were they charging so much for a computer that cost about $500, she said "well you're getting a printer and digital camera". I told her it doesn't cost that much, and if I could get a refund, I was told you don't get any money back.

I decided to read the paper that they sent to me about additional layaway terms, it was so ridiculous. They stated in the " contract that if you missed or for any reason that a payment was not received, then you will have to pay in full to get the comp[uter, you do not receive refunds, if you cancel then you would have to pay a cancellation fee of $175.00 and you promised not to participate in a class action suit against them.
I felt so stupid for not reading it, but the bad thing was they already had my bank account number, and for what I've read on this website even if you don't sign the paper they still take money out of your account.

It's been 5 months now and I haven't receive the so called computer. Their customer service reps are very rude, and snaps at you if you ask to many questions. I hope that some lawyer reads this and every other complaint made about this fradulent company.

Camoya
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2004 11:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FinancingAlternatives-Dell/Chesapeake-Virginia-23322/Financing-Alternatives-Inc-dishonest-rude-customer-service-bad-contract-Rip-off-Chesa-99722. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FinancingAlternatives - Dell

Got All My Money Back, Thanks Rip off Report!

AUTHOR: Camoya - (U.S.A.)

I got a call from financing Alternatives, the girl told me that they were refunding all 8 payments that I made to them. I got back my $575.00 that I paid to them because never received a computer from them.

Thanks Rip off Report!