Complaint Review: Fingerhut

• Updated: Wed, May 07, 2014

• Reported By: Thomas Thornhill — MYRTLE CREEK Oregon
Fingerhut
Internet USA

Fingerhut Illegally deducted an extranious payment from my bank account and refuse to return it. They hide thier location Internet

On the 20th of April Fingerhut deducted a monthly payment from my checking account as had been the case for many months with no problems.  Then on the 22nd of April they deducted a second payment illegally.

I spoke with several representatives from Fingerhut who all told me they admitted they should not have taken the payment, it was done in error but they could not refund the payment.  Their "procedure" is that I must go to my bank and cancel the payment there.  The bank charges $35 to do that so I went back to Fingerhut who told me that was "their procedure" and there was no other way.

This is THEFT!  They took my money without permission.  They were authorized to take ONE payment per month, not two. Fingerhut displayed an attitude that they made a mistake and I would have to fix it, that is their policy.

This is Outrageous!  What kind of company admits making a mistake then requires the customer to correct their mistake. I am outraged at the response and the Fingerhut way of dealing with mistakes they make.  Let the customer deal with it.

Please, the amount of the theft was only $60 but the principle is the major concern.   Where is our country going when Fingerhut can get away with Theft and then not have to take responsibility?  Do we now teach our children that is they make a mistake require someone else take responsibility for fixing it?

Please don't brush this aside because it is a small dollar amount, Fingerhut should do the right thing and who will require they do?

Sincerely,

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2014 12:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fingerhut/internet/Fingerhut-Illegally-deducted-an-extranious-payment-from-my-bank-account-and-refuse-to-ret-1144761. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fingerhut