Complaint Review: First American Home Warranty - First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation

• Submitted: Tue, March 02, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, March 03, 2010

• Reported By: Howard — Los Angeles California U.S.A.
www.firstamerican Internet United States of America

First American Home Warranty - First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS FRAUDULENT COMPANY Internet

When I bought my house, this company provided home warranty service.  I renewed twice, and when I needed their services they were AWFUL.  They would take a long time to send a vendor, and the vendor would often tell me that the problem "wasn't covered by the warranty".

The final straw was a kitchen sink that became clogged on Xmas eve, as well as a broken faucet.  We were unable to use the sink or dishwasher, on a Friday night.  I called First American, and they assured me that someone would call me the next day.  When provided with the name of the company that would call, after not hearing from them I called them.  They were closed until Monday. I called First AMerican, who told me that I needed to wait until Monday.  I told them that I'd be assured that they would come on Saturday, and they told me that it wasn't an emergency and that they would not send someone.

I waited until Monday, and they finally came Monday evening.  Since there was a missing part from the broken faucet, I was told that it wasn't covered.  We then found the missing part, and called First AMerican back.  They said that since I didn't show the person the part when he was there, they would not cover our broken faucet.  I talked to customer service, who assured me that someone would come out and cover the broken faucet.  When no one showed up, I called again, only to be told that they would not cover the broken faucet.

This company is a sham.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2010 11:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-American-Home-Warranty-First-American-Home-Buyers-Protection-Corporation/internet/First-American-Home-Warranty-First-American-Home-Buyers-Protection-Corporation-DONT-WA-577128. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First American Home Warranty - First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation