Complaint Review: First Atlantic Savings

• Submitted: Tue, May 03, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, May 03, 2005

• Reported By:Columbus Ohio
First Atlantic Savings
P.O.Box 3028 Champlain, New York U.S.A.

First Atlantic Savings ripoff, credit card fraud, bad mangement practices Champlain New York

*Consumer Comment: What a Shame.. WHY DIDN'T YOU CHECK THIS SITE FIRST???

I was contacted by First Atlantic Savings a Mr Chris Parker called me explained how they could help me get a credit card if I paid 299.00 and a one time fee would be taking out, and the remaining money would be as a credit and the credit limit would be 3000.00 to start off and as long as I maintain payments the limit would increase over a six months period.

I was sent a package of materials, catalogs, basically junk papers that I could order things and it would be charged to the "reloadable credit card"

This is not what I was told. After I called several times I spoke with a Ms. Rosie Lane who told me I could send the package back and get my refund and a superivor Mr.Preston Langley would call me and confirm this. Which he never did.

I tried to have my bank put a trace on it by this time they number was no longer working. And I have not heard from them. I do not want my hard earned money to go to a bunch of selfish, unreliable, misleading group of people.

How dare they do this and think they can get away with it. I want my money back plus the money I spent to send that stuff back to them. I am a single working parent. This is wrong of them they should get a real job and earn money, not cheating people out of their money.
What can I do!

Donna
Columbus, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2005 12:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Atlantic-Savings/Champlain-New-York-12919/First-Atlantic-Savings-ripoff-credit-card-fraud-bad-mangement-practices-Champlain-New-Yo-141396. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Atlantic Savings

What a Shame.. WHY DIDN'T YOU CHECK THIS SITE FIRST???

AUTHOR: Dave - (U.S.A.)

I have read so many of the same complaints about people getting these ridiculous credit card offers, then bitching when they get scammed. If you have the intelligence to get onto this site and complain about getting ripped off, then why the didn't you check it BEFORE YOU GOT RIPPED? Geeze.. Come on people. This is the 21st century, not the 40's.

I understand that people will grasp at anything to get back into good credit standing, I was there myself about 15 years ago. But unless you're a mushroom, or spent the better part of your life in the Swiss Alps, (or Arkansas...), then you have to know that FREE CHEESE CAN ONLY BE FOUND IN MOUSETRAPS!

I don't mean to sound harsh, Donna, but there are hundreds of this type of scam on this site alone, not to mention other web sites. You can still get your money back, most reputable banks are aware of this scam and will refund your money if you are persistant enough.

successfully