Complaint Review: First Mariner Finance

• Submitted: Tue, January 27, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, January 27, 2009

• Reported By:Elkton Maryland
First Mariner Finance
Newark Rt 40 Newark, Delaware U.S.A.

First Mariner Finance they buy loans from crappy companies and expect people to pay them for the crap. Newark Delaware

*Consumer Suggestion: First Mariner Finance

My fiance went to a buy here pay here because he had no "established" credit. First Mariner Finance bought our vehicle which was a lemon to begin with from the buy here pay here. The guy who sold our vehicle to them since then has lost his job because we had the option to not take a loan. But noone had informed us of that right. The truck that mariner had us finance since they bought it broke down on us numerous times was basically a lemon........and when they called about it i told them it wasnt running it was junk and that they needed to call the people that sold them our in house loan........it was repossessed in the end. Now they are taking us to court increased the price of the loan and want us to pay their attorney fees we tried every option to help.they sold the vehicle at an auction for 300.00 but expect us to pay almost 8000.00 for it. this company is a complete rip off and they are conartists. they are tryin to attach my wages and i have two children and get help from the state as it is cause i cant afford with my income to do certain things....this is a joke.....

Stacey
Elkton, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2009 12:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Mariner-Finance/Newark-Delaware-19702/First-Mariner-Finance-they-buy-loans-from-crappy-companies-and-expect-people-to-pay-them-f-416828. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Mariner Finance

#1 Consumer Suggestion

First Mariner Finance

AUTHOR: bikefixer - ()

Sorry to hear of your problems with First Mariner. I am a customer of theirs as well having purchased a vehicle at a Buy Here Pay Here dealer and then they purchased the loan after 1 year. They offered exactly the same terms as the dealer, the only change was that FMF reports the payments to credit reporting agencies and that I made a check to them and not the dealer.

Unfortunately, it was not FMF that caused the grief. It was the choice of vehicles that you made and also your decision not to read the loan documents. Nobody is to blame but you for those problems. It was you that agreed to the vehicle, the price, and the terms.

That being said, my main complaint with FMF is that I am constantly being offered more money. I have no plans to take them up on their offer with 29% interest. It is the interest that should be a crime, not their business practice of expecting to be paid.