rank

• Submitted: Sun, August 14, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, August 16, 2005

• Reported By:Pendleton Oregon
First National Grant Benefit
7011 NW 78th Ave Miami, Florida U.S.A.

First National Grant Benefit Tried to ripoff Schemed to scam bank account number Telephone fraud Miami Florida

*Author of original report: Tried to get my checking account number and failed miserably

I received a telephone call saying I had been randomly selected by the U.S. government for a guaranteed grant totaling a minimum of 5,000 dollars up to 12,500 dollars. I could spend it on anything I wanted and I would never have to pay a cent of it back.

He had such a thick accent [sounded like he was from India]I had to ask him to repeat himself multiple times. He said his name was Shawn Phillips and that put up an immediate red flag because there was no way this guy could have such a common American name.

I also thought "What government agency is open at eight p.m. on a saturday night, pacific time, and sounds like they're in a warehouse?"

He asked for my bank name and checking account number. I thought it sounded too good to be true so I told him my husband was at the store with the checkbook and that I had no clue as to my checking account number. He asked if I had a recent bank statement. I told him my husband takes care of the bills so I wouldn't know where to begin looking. He said he will call me back on Monday, August 15th when my husband is home. He said, right before he hung up, not to discuss this with anyone, not even my husband.

I hung up the phone with him and got online and put in the company name and up pops this website. Thank you so much ripoff report.com.

Melissa
Pendleton, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2005 12:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-National-Grant-Benefit/Miami-Florida-33178/First-National-Grant-Benefit-Tried-to-ripoff-Schemed-to-scam-bank-account-number-Telephone-153612. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First National Grant Benefit

Tried to get my checking account number and failed miserably

AUTHOR: Melissa - (U.S.A.)

First National Grant Benefit called me again this evening trying to get my checking account number. Thank the Lord that He gave me an uneasy feeling the first time they called.
It was the same man who called the first time giving his name as Shawn Phillips. I said I needed some information about his company. I asked for the address and phone number and he begrudgingly gave them to me saying that there was no need but if I felt like I needed them then fine. 1-877-447-2607, P.O. Box 731, Miami, Florida 4641. I don't know about you but every zip code i've ever came across has five numbers, not four.

I then told Shawn Phillips,obviously not his real name, that my bank name was First Bank of Jesus Christ and that my checking account number was John 3:16. He hadn't quite caught on yet and asked me to slow down. So I quoted the verse for him and proceeded to tell him that I didn't know if this was a bad time in his life and he hung up on me. I was going to tell him I forgave him and maybe he should re-evaluate his life and read the Bible, but I think I got my point across. It's really sad that anybody would want to rip somebody off but thats the corrupt and fallen world we live in.