banks

• Submitted: Mon, April 23, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, May 11, 2007

• Reported By:Orlando Florida
First National Merchantcard
P.O. Box 46101 Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

CCA - First National Merchant Solicited social security number and date of birth ripoff Las Vegas Nevada

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: not a scam

I received a credit card in the mail stating I was preapproved and had $6,500.00 credit. The first thing I noticed was that the credit card number started with '7'. Also, there is supposedly no interest charge - how do they make their money?

There was a small box towards the bottom of the page which read as follows: To STOP receiving "Prescreened" credit offers from us or other creditors, call 1-888-567-8688.

When I called that number, it was an automated service which asked me questions to which I could verbally reply. I was asked if I was calling from my home number to which I replied yes and my address was read to me asking for a confirmation. I was then asked for my social security number which I, of course, did not give. I was informed that this information would be kept confidential. The next question requested my date of birth. I hung up at that point.

I googled 'CCA' and got to this website where I found other people had also written complaints.

Beware - this sounds like identity theft to me!

Vicki
Orlando, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2007 07:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-National-Merchantcard/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89114-6101/CCA-First-National-Merchant-Solicited-social-security-number-and-date-of-birth-ripoff-La-245423. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First National Merchantcard

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

not a scam

AUTHOR: Lisa - (U.S.A.)

I worked for this company for over 1 yr, both on the phones when people called in and in the warehouse. the people on the phones tell you exactly how the program works. they don't have you bank acct information, you have to give it to them. the card is not activated when it is sent to you, you have to call to activate it. if you don't want it don't call.

don't blame a company because you don't bother to read something completely, and you activate a card then don't cancel. it is for shopping in their catalogs, NOWHERE on the card does it say visa or mastercard credit. start reading the paperwork before you start something. and start taking responsibility for YOUR own actions.