Complaint Review: Florida Kitchens

• Submitted: Tue, July 03, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, July 04, 2012

• Reported By: Former Employee — Florida United States of America
Florida Kitchens
321 NW Cole Terrace Ste 101 Lake City Fl ponte vedra, Florida United States of America

Florida Kitchens Jim Colvert Stop Payment on Payroll Check and not paying employees final check ponte vedra, Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Brandy **** was fired for stealing.

I was offered a better opportunity in this industry. I took it an left on a Friday without notice, because I new I would never recieve my last check. What I didnt know was that they would but a stop payment on the check before that. Which in turn would over draft my account and  ruin my 3 soon to be 4 year old upcoming birthday. There was no reasoning with these "christians". Craig(owner) blocked my number and Jim told me to "sue him". If this is how they treat a single mother with two kids who paid a ton of money for daycare and gas to be at that ofice just to receive no comphensation. If they are so heartless with someone they know and "are like family with" then what will they do to you? I have the stop payment order from my bank if you would like to see it. I just want what I worked for. What is owed to me. What is right.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2012 12:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Florida-Kitchens/ponte-vedra-Florida-32082/Florida-Kitchens-Jim-Colvert-Stop-Payment-on-Payroll-Check-and-not-paying-employees-final-906279. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Florida Kitchens

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Brandy **** was fired for stealing.

AUTHOR: Florida Kitchens - (United States of America)

This report was filed by angry ex-employee: Brandalyn **** of Palm Coast, FL. She was fired for stealing from Florida Kitchens. She was collecting a weekly advance against any sales commissions she would collect. However it was determined after only 7 weeks of working with Florida Kitchens that she was collecting a weekly advance check from Florida Kitchens and selling jobs to our competition using our office, money and facilities to do so. When this was determined, the latest advance check we wrote to her was imediatley issued a stop payment and no further advances were made.

Brandy was never issued a payroll check she was paid a weekly advance with a business check. She also still owes Florida Kitchens money from the advances she collected and did not have sales commissions to cover them. However we are not pursuing it, so at least she made min wage for the time she worked with us regardless of the fact she was stealing sales and selling them to our competition while working for us. If anyone has further questions regarding this issue please do not hesitate to contact us at the contact info above.