Complaint Review: Ford Motor Company

• Submitted: Sun, August 17, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, August 17, 2008

• Reported By:dallas Texas
Ford Motor Company
1 American Rd Dearborn, Michigan U.S.A.

Ford Motor Company (Lincoln Division) Coolant plastic intake manifold, not notified by Ford of recall, missed the deadline for extended warranty Dearborn, Michigan

*Consumer Suggestion: Lawsuites and recalls

1999 Lincoln, 69000miles. Have leaking coolant intake manifold due to being plastic. Not bad enough to fix yet.
Dealer said I missed the 7 yr deadline to join the recall that fixed it and to get an extended warranty. I missed it because I did not know about the recall. Yet I bought the car used from Plano (Dallas, TX) Lincoln Mercury and they have my name etc.
So no one notified me of the recall so I am out of luck.
I wrote to Ford and said it needed it fixing and asked them to do so. They could not even take the time to read my letter because they said I was too late for reimbursement for having had it done. In my letter I said I had not had it done and wanted Ford to do it.
So they just blew me off.
Why should I be excluded because they did not notify me? Am I supposed to call them every time I am aware of something toa ask if there is a recall.
Can't some enterprising lawyer look at this and see about extended the previous settlement that forced the recall/reimbursement program?

Rod
dallas, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2008 09:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ford-Motor-Company/Dearborn-Michigan-48126/Ford-Motor-Company-Lincoln-Division-Coolant-plastic-intake-manifold-not-notified-by-For-363788. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ford Motor Company

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Lawsuites and recalls

AUTHOR: Not Saying - (U.S.A.)

This was a class action settlement not a "recall". It was published in all papers, and sent to all registered owners at the time the settlement was done. If you are a subsequent owner of a vehicle, it is your responsibility to notify the manufacturer of your new ownership status, otherwise the letters and notifications go straight to the original owner.

Since this was a settlement, it cannot be changed and Ford wont pay for your manifold.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC