residential

• Submitted: Sun, June 08, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, February 18, 2013

• Reported By:San Diego California
Franchise Tax Board California, San Diego C-Div
PO Box 1328 Rancho Cordova, California U.S.A.

Franchise Tax Board California, San Diego C-Div RIPOFF! San Diego County - Charging me TWICE for an already paid ticket! Rancho Cordova California

*Consumer Comment: franchise tax board rippoff

In August 2007 I got a fix-it ticket for having tags that were a couple months out of date. I went and got it fixed, but when I took the ticket in the court house had no record of it. So I leave and forget all about it until tax time 2008. I had $516 taken out of my California State Tax Refund for unpayment of a ticket. That ticket.

So, ok, lesson learned, get confirmation that they had no record so I could have reported it. Not so bad right? WRONG! May 2008 I receive a letter from my employer saying that my wages are going to be garnished... FOR THE SAME TICKET!

Of course, I called the state, they say call their collection agency. I call the agency, they say... you already paid, duh. I ask for records of payment, receive them in a timely fashion and send them in to my employer.

Wrong records they say. Wrong records? So I'm getting screwed for a ticket that there was no record of, that I then paid for... and now I am paying again, even with documentation that I had paid. And you try getting on the phone with one of those fat incompetents at the FTB to get this sorted out... their phone lines are regularly so crowded that you get the "We are too busy to assist you, please try again later" message. Infuriating to say the least. Wish someone would fix our government and their policies.

Victim23324695andcounting
San Diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2008 12:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Franchise-Tax-Board-California-San-Diego-C-Div/Rancho-Cordova-California-95741-1328/Franchise-Tax-Board-California-San-Diego-C-Div-RIPOFF-San-Diego-County-Charging-me-TWI-338163. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Franchise Tax Board California, San Diego C-Div

franchise tax board rippoff

AUTHOR: donnie - (United States of America)

my wages are being garnished for 546.43  this was a restitution fine from years ago that had been paid already. over a year ago i had to battle this. went to the court house. the county jail. all i got was the run around. no one has any recored. i was chasing a ghost.  now, the franchise tax board has taken over $560.00 out of my wages. and it seems impossible to get through to them by phone or even e-mail. tomorrow I will go to their office.