Complaint Review: Freedom Scooters, Sport Air, Savio, Spirit Scooter

• Submitted: Fri, June 17, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, November 23, 2005

• Reported By:como Mississippi
Freedom Scooters, Sport Air, Savio, Spirit Scooter
11363 Old Denton Highway #311 Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Freedom Scooters, Sport Air, Savio, Spirit Scooter selling and shipping damaged scooters, failure to replace broken parts, owner abuse Ripoff Dallas Texas

*Consumer Comment: here's what i think you should do

We purchased 6 scooters from Freedom Scooter over a year ago via the internet. The scooter we shipped to my store all in damaged condition.

I called Freedom Scooter and advised them all the scooters were damaged and begin advising what parts were needed. I was interrupted by the owner Terry Zimmerman and told He then said they must have been damaged by FedEx in delivery, I told him the boxes were not damaged, that the scooters were still wrapped and no carton damage was evident. He then proceeded to tell me "Walmart sells that, Ace Hardware sells those, etc..." I told him I did not buy new scooters from him to have to buy parts to make them new from other places.

Long story short, he refused to replace the scooter broken in half, he refused to supply any of the broken part and he refused to credit back my money or take the scooters back. To add insult to injury we had a pending order with them (back ordered they claimed) that we advised them to cancell because we didn't want them. I also went to my bank and cut his company off from being able to charge my credit card. He shipped the cancelled order and under a different name billed my credit card.

I have since gotten the credit back from my bank, and now we receive upwards of 20 prank calls from this man a day. I am in the process of compiling a class action lawsuit against this company.

I posted a complaint on a different website and I have gotten dozens and dozens of emails from people with the exact same issue's with this company.

To add insult to injury, I returned one of the scooters to him, and he personally told me "it will be at least 2 weeks before we will even look at this scooter", I told him "it doesn't matter it's your now", that was before I got my money back. He has since contacted an attorney (so i am told by this person) to try to make me pay for the broken scooters he refused to fix.

Lawrence
como, Mississippi

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/17/2005 02:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Freedom-Scooters-Sport-Air-Savio-Spirit-Scooter/Dallas-Texas-75229/Freedom-Scooters-Sport-Air-Savio-Spirit-Scooter-selling-and-shipping-damaged-scooters-146589. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Freedom Scooters, Sport Air, Savio, Spirit Scooter

here's what i think you should do

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

File a claim with FedEx. Just because the box is not damaged, it does NOT mean the contents are.

If you drop a box from 20 feet and lands flat on one surface, the box will be fine, but the contents probably won't be. You people need to stop blaming the seller and start blaming the shipping.