retired

• Reported By: monis — Houston Texas
GE
Houston, Texas USA

GE Service Repair GE Appliances and Service are a Ripoff Houston Texas

I called GE Service for a recall repair on my dishwasher. I also received an estimate on fixing a microwave - so, yes already we have two GE appliances down. I didnt have enough to fix the microwave but was given a quote. Several months later, I call to get the microwave fixed. The quote is now more than double (although it was the same guy) and it took him all of 5 minutes to give me the quote.

GE charges about 95 dollars for just the visit. So already I could have used the 95 towards a new microwave instead of the service call.  In my opinion, GE has generally crappy products and charge too much to "take a peek" at their crappy products. I willl not be calling GE service if I can help it (sort of stuck with them unless I replace the appliances that came with my home). I will be calling someone to remove the built-in microwave and either replace it with another brand or put some kind of neat exhaust hood in to replace it (if we ever move or sell this house).

Beware and try to see if there is anything else you can do before calling and paying for a GE service fee (I've paid less to see a doctor (and it took more than 5 minutes!)). By the way, it took a few visits and orders to just get the replacement for the dishewasher and still had to pay a service fee (for items not covered by the recall) as well as the parts/labor. It took a while to get those shipped.

I have other products and either they dont break down as often OR are covered by great warranties from companies who stand behind their products (or at least they dont charge almost $100 a visit for a looky-loo).

I say, down with GE!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2013 07:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GE/Houston-Texas/GE-Service-Repair-GE-Appliances-and-Service-are-a-Ripoff-Houston-Texas-1102545. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GE