Complaint Review: GLOBAL Investment

• Updated: Tue, March 04, 2014

• Reported By: Gennady — toronto
GLOBAL Investment
100 Mural St, Suite 201 Richmond Hill, Ontario Canada

GLOBAL Investment GLOBAL Educational Trust Foundation, GLOBAL Financial,GLOBAL Maxfin Investments Inc. Pure rip off while opening RESP for kids Richmond Hill Ontario

I was offered by the financial adviser to transfer RESP of my 3 kids to Global. I was shown a good graphs how the investments were growing within last 10 years, etc.

I also was told that the cost to open the account at GLOBAL would cost me $60 per child.

When I transferred my funds to GLOBAL I received the letter saying that they sold me some kind of "units". It was not clear how the number of units was calculated; however they took without my approval from my kid's RESP $664 for one child $608 for 2nd and 3rd child. So as a result I lost straight forward on the enrolment process almost $1,900.

It's pointed in the contract in the fine print that GLOBAL may decide at its sole discretion to return the enrollment fee when the kid would grow up and start using the money for his/her education.

May or may not.

If you decide to drop from this provider these money are lost forever...

Watch out people!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2014 04:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GLOBAL-Investment/Richmond-Hill-Ontario/GLOBAL-Investment-GLOBAL-Educational-Trust-Foundation-GLOBAL-FinancialGLOBAL-Maxfin-Inv-1128302. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GLOBAL Investment