Complaint Review: GPD Promotion Systems-Kirby Vaccums

• Updated: Sun, October 27, 2013

• Reported By: consumer1964 — topeka Kansas
GPD Promotion Systems-Kirby Vaccums
3646 SW Plass Avenue Topeka, Kansas USA

GPD Promotion Systems-Kirby Vaccums Kirby Vaccums High Pressure Sales,Lies Deceptive SalesPractices Lousy Vaccums Topeka Kansas

*UPDATE Employee: Please contact us

My wife made the huge mistake of letting an individual in the house who claimed to be selling a vaccum and that he would clean her carpets for free without any obligation. Unfortunately she took the bait, hook line and sinker and some three hours later ended up purchasing a kirby vaccum..

The salesman started off at 4000 dollars and my wife laughed. In the end she ended up paying 900 dollars which is still a huge ripoff.  But here is where it gets interesting..When you purchase one of these ridiculously overpriced vaccums they make you sign a disclaimer..A disclaimer you ask?? Why would any legitimate company make you sign a disclaimer when you are paying them money?? The reason is simple, the company knows their salesmen lie and will say anything to sell a vaccum(i thought it could take you to the moon??) so they protect themselves by having the client sign a long and complicated disclaimer(obviously without a lawyer present) saying in effect that you are purchasing this vaccum and have been promised nothing..Of course this isnt explained and voila, they are golden!

In our case we were promised that the vaccum would be shipped to our out of state address and that we had a lifetime warranty and that there was a kirby repair center in our town. As it turns out there isnt a kirby repair center within sixty miles and when it arrived UNASSEMBLED we had to go to an Oreck repair center who felt sorry for us and only charged us 30 dollars to assemble it.

The Vaccum isnt worth anywhere near 900 dollars..Our shark for 150 dollars does an equivalent job..Judging from all the complaints around this company there has to be some type of class action suit..I would join in! When we called the Kirby Company and complained about their distributor and their decpetive sales practices we were paid lip service and was told there was nothing we could do as we missed the three day cancellation period. I cancelled the order just outside of the cancellation period but it hadnt even been delivered. Any legitimate company would have taken it back as it hadnt even been unwrapped from the original box. Do yourself a favor, the next time a nice clean clothed sweet talking kirby salesman comes to your door in Topeka Kansas or anywhere else in the United States slam it as fast as you can.!!.Anyone who feels the same way i do, let me know and I will fund part of the class action suit against this scam company.  And as for you Kirby GPD Promotions I know you have this in an LLC, but if i find a way to sue you directly and personally i can assure you i will!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/27/2013 01:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GPD-Promotion-Systems-Kirby-Vaccums/Topeka-Kansas-66611/GPD-Promotion-Systems-Kirby-Vaccums-Kirby-Vaccums-High-Pressure-SalesLies-Deceptive-Sale-1094946. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GPD Promotion Systems-Kirby Vaccums

Please contact us

AUTHOR: Kirby company - ()

Hello Mr. & Mrs. Neilinger,

After a review of your file in our office, I would appreciate you contacting me directly to discuss any assistance I may be able to provide outside of what has occured. I can be reached at 1-800-494-8586 x5363, Monday - Friday 8am to 5pm, est. I look forward to speaking with you.

Rudi Charo