owned

• Updated: Mon, May 23, 2011

• Reported By: Iccacey — Browns Mills New Jersey USA
Global Reporting Network
1333 W. 120th Ave, Ste 108 Westminster, Colorado United States of America

Global Reporting Network United Reporting Network Claimed they need a check for $3.25 for a processing fee for my prize money in the amount of $2,500,000.00. Westminster, Colorado

*Consumer Comment: Another scam

I got a letter in the mail stating I won a huge amount of money.  I sent them a check for the "processing fee", figuring if it was a scam the amount was only $3.25, oh well.  They gave me an account number and all.
Little did I know that this was a scam!  They proceeded to withdraw $39.00 from my account for a "monthly" fee.  Now I have to get a hold of them to rim them a new one and see about getting my money back.  I now realize that they only wanted a check so they can get my banking info to make these monthly withdraws online.  But I'm not too worried because thankfully my bank will let me file a dispute and get all my money back.
When I looked them up I found no web site.  However, yellowbook had an address and number for them!  And don't you know?  The address on file does not match the address in the letter!
All I know is that I will be getting my damn money back even if I have to take it out of someone's a**!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2011 11:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Reporting-Network/Westminster-Colorado-80234-2717/Global-Reporting-Network-United-Reporting-Network-Claimed-they-need-a-check-for-325-for-731730. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global Reporting Network

Another scam

AUTHOR: Joseph Brown - (USA)

Let me see if I have this right. You figured it was a scam, so you sent them $3.25. Then you say; " Little did I know it was a scam".Now you want to "get ahold of them to rim (ream)  them a new one."

Have you ever met P.T. Barnum?