Complaint Review: GoDaddy

• Updated: Thu, June 30, 2011

• Reported By: Robert — Dallas Texas United States of America
GoDaddy

GoDaddy GoDaddy overpromised and under-delivered Internet

I called GoDaddy on the outside chance they might be able to help me with a problem our business had in providing individual websites for a group of independant dealers.

I knew in my heart that this was mass-produced, self-help websites, but I called anyway. I spoke to a very nice rep named Clarence who assured me that they would build an SEO-optimized website template for me ... and, that I could use that template for all of my dealers. So, I signed up.

A) GoDaddy did not build a site for me. B) And, they won't let me use what "I" built to share with other dealers. They over-promised and under-delivered. And, shame on me for not making Clarence put it in writing, but I just believed he was telling me the truth.

I used their Dream Site system ... which is nothing more than ME choosing a template ... ME supplying all of the copy ... ME supplying all of the photos ... ME proofing their work ... ME doing all the SEO ... ME telling them to put in alt-tags on photos ... ME begging them to make the site "sell."

I'm sure they're great for cheap sites ... but do not buy into anything more than that. I'm truly disappointed in GoDaddy, their rep, and their process. Like their ads ... big overpromise and under-deliver.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2011 02:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GoDaddy/internet/GoDaddy-GoDaddy-overpromised-and-under-delivered-Internet-747639. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GoDaddy