Complaint Review: Godaddy.com

14455 N Hayden Rd Scottsdale, Arizona United States of America

Godaddy.com POOR customer service and support Scottsdale, Arizona

*Author of original report: Payment

*UPDATE Employee: Regarding Your Experience

This adventure started with me missing my monthly billing. That being said, I cannot believe what happened next.

My website is very simplistic. After I paid my monthly billing I was told the following. 50% of the time it takes about 2 hours to reinstate service, 45% of the time it takes 6-8 hours to reinstate, and 5% of the time it takes 24-72 hours. I think that is a major leap in time frames. I was told that if the service was not up the next morning to call. I called the next morning when the site was still down. I was told that it was unusual, but they would escalate the matter. 3 hours later and still no service. I called every 3 hours after that to check on progress. Each time I received a different answer as to why it was still down. One rep stated that I was in line to be assisted, then one stated my case was being worked on at that moment and would only be a few more minutes until I was up. 3 hours later I called and was told they had not yet gotten to my problem. I was informed that the 24-72 hour time frame STARTED when the case actually got to the escalation department! This continued to change back and forth every 3 hours for 3 DAYS! I was told when they resolved the problem that they would email me. Problem was finally fixed on 4th day, but no email. My very simple $free website took them 4 days to fix. During that time I lost business of what scale I do not know.

Here is where it gets really insulting. I asked for a free months hosting ($29.95 value) due to the business that I lost. They offered me a discount 20% coupon if I buy 3 months of service. A coupon that they email to EVERYONE! So, the MAJOR corporation GODADDY would not offer  real customer assistance in the form of a months hosting service that does not cost them $29.95! Their experts could not resolve a hosting for 4 days, I lose business, and they did not see me as a valued client. At least a client worth $29.95. Like the satellite service providers, hosting is on every block. Funny enough, they satellite/cable providers are bending over backwards to make their clients happy!

Horrible service and worse, clearly Godaddy does not value their clients. No wonder the U.S. is loosing so much business to overseas companies.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2013 11:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Godaddycom/Scottsdale-Arizona-85260/Godaddycom-POOR-customer-service-and-support-Scottsdale-Arizona-1003855. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Godaddy.com

Payment

AUTHOR: Rodney - (United States of America)

My account was not 20 days late. None of this information was shared with me? Support told me they were having problems getting the server up, not that they had to "rebuild" my site. Never ever mentioned any such matter. I was told support was having a server problem. Spin it any way you choose. Review your records and you will see that I called several times and was told a different "story" every time as to why my site was still down. NEVER was I told they had to rebuild my site as I was not that late.

Regarding Your Experience

AUTHOR: GoDaddy.com - (USA)

Dear Rodney

Go Daddy sincerely values your business and appreciates your candid feedback about this experience. We welcome the opportunity to connect with you and ensure that all staff improvement opportunities are addressed with our customer care managers.

We also want to share information about what occurs when Go Daddy does not receive payment for a hosting account. First, we send an email to your email address on file to notify you of the billing issue. Several emails are sent over the course of the next 20 days.

Second, we provide 10 days of live site service without payment. After the 10th day, the site is placed in a suspended status. It is reactivated after payment is received.

Finally after 20 days of combined live and suspended service without payment the hosting account is deleted and must then be restored. The sites platform and overall complexity often determine how long it will take for our hosting teams to restore it.

Please let us know how we may contact you by emailing us at reportreview@godaddy.com with the subject line of Report: #1003855. Our goal is to bring clarity to this issue for you and ensure that your experience with Go Daddy is a positive one going forward.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback, and as always thank you for being a Go Daddy customer.

GoDaddy.com