Complaint Review: Golds Gym

• Updated: Mon, September 09, 2013

• Reported By: SuzyQ — Austin Texas
Golds Gym
1502 Broadmoor Dr Austin, Texas USA

Golds Gym Illegal practices regarding membership cancellations Austin Nationwide

*UPDATE Employee: I will try to assist you

I've been on the line waiting to speak with a representative for 2 hours now.  (I read on line that Gold's Gym customer service offers very little service.) about cancelling my membership.

This should have been an easy affair.  I am paid up, have paid into their business since July 29, 2011.  It is now September 9, 2013.  My contract and membership information on line clearly states that I am a month to month.

I called to cancel the Lincoln Center Gym --where I joined 2+ years ago.; I was told I had to come in in person to cancel my membership.  I went in and I was told I had to cancel my membership  online.

I went on line and completed all the information requested and was informed that: I was unable to cancel as follows: "we apologize for the inconvenience, however due to your membership obligation, we are unable to accept your online cancellation. [continued below]....

..... Please contact our Customer Care department at 1-866-465-3775 to further assist you in your cancellation process."

I still waitng for Godot who doesn't seem to be coming. I've read similiar and far worse stories online about this company.

A few years back I quit 24 hour fitness and they, like this gym required that I pay an additional month's fees.  I thought that absurd at the time, but what can you do against a corporation.  About a year after that I got a letter in the mail stating there was a class action suit again 24hour fitness for doing this --apparently--illegal practice.  I received at the end of the suti a check for $20.  So does the corporate CEOs have more influence with the legal and justice system than poor unpowerful 24hour fitness?

The idea that someone must pay an additional month after cancelling a month to month contract is patently absurd, and a travesty to justice.

I'm thinking since they payment from my account was processed today that they will not be able to get to me on the phone for another several days meaning I will have to pay 2 months since one must cancel at the beginning of a new cycle.

Who needs the mafia strong arm men to extract illegal and unjust fees when the governemnt will allow any business to concoct any specious contract imaginable and accept it.  Hey Tea Party people good job blovcking Obama's attempt at credit reform and placing curbs on business.

Pissed on line with Golds Gym.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2013 10:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Golds-Gym/Austin-Texas-78723/Golds-Gym-Illegal-practices-regarding-membership-cancellations-Austin-Nationwide-1082940. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Golds Gym

I will try to assist you

AUTHOR: Lincoln Opreations Manager - ()

SuzyQ  I am the Operations Manager at Gold's Gym, Lincoln Villiage.  Please feel free to contact me and I will do what ever I can to help resolve this issue.