Complaint Review: Grant Association Services - Steve Carter

• Submitted: Thu, June 30, 2005
  • Updated: Sat, May 23, 2009

• Reported By:montgomery Alabama
Grant Association Services - Steve Carter
South Berlington, Vermont U.S.A.

Grant Association Services - Steve Carter ripoff, $5000 US grant, Korean/Indian sounding man, Already knows information South Berlington Vermont

*Consumer Comment: sounds the same but with a different name

I was contacted by this individual multiple times. At first I hung up in his face because I don't answer restricted numbers. But one time I was mad that they kept calling so I picked up and said I wasn't interested. He said "interested in what sir" and I said "whatever your selling".

He told me that he was contacting me because I had applied for goverment grants. I said yes but then I accidentally hung up (It really was a mistake that time).

Anyway, he called back two days later with a caller ID number that is completely bogus and started to tell me how I would recieve a 5,000-30,000 grant. Depending on my need and that I would be redireced to some verifying agency after he already verified my name and address.

He proceded to ask me for my banking information and I told him that I needed to go and if there was a number I could call him back at. He told me that the verifying people would give me a 1-800 and a number to identify me case. I asked him again for a number to call him back and he kept stalling and kept asking for my bank's name (he even through out the bank of america) I asked again before hanging up in his face.

Please do not fall for this guy. He may have some of your info, but he does not have it all. His voice even sounds suspicious, especially because he is the only one calling!

Michael
montgomery, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2005 09:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grant-Association-Services-Steve-Carter/South-Berlington-Vermont/Grant-Association-Services-Steve-Carter-ripoff-5000-US-grant-KoreanIndian-sounding-m-148147. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grant Association Services - Steve Carter

sounds the same but with a different name

AUTHOR: Cyndi - (U.S.A.)

i had the exact same experience but this time he's changed his name to Alex Parker