Complaint Review: Great American Warranty

• Submitted: Thu, December 06, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, December 06, 2007

• Reported By:Murrieta California
Great American Warranty
6413 Congress Ave #250 Boca Raton, Florida U.S.A.

Great American Warranty Fraudulent-misrepresentation-scam artists Boca Raton Florida

My problem with Great American Warranty was the company misrepresented Ford Motor corporation stating that one of the representatives who was named Thomas, did not get last name, was from the front office of Ford's warranty department. He said my warranty had expired and the corporation was trying to get a hold of me for several months trying to re-new my plan. I told him all my information and that my name is in the system already. He told me that all my information was in the back office of Ford, and right there I should have known it was a scam but did not. So I signed up for the extended warranty on my vehicle and after the phone call I had asked if this extended warranty could be used at any dealership and he said yes given the fact that I live here in Southern California. I received the kit and found out that this had nothing to do with Ford or its affiliates. So I called customer service and wrote a statement why I wanted my refund back and to make a long story short the representatives named David and Ted which were very rude and unprofessional said the refund is on its way. After 5 months, no refund so I disputed the charge. Not only was this company acting on fraudulent behavior but all the representatives were rude to me and my wife giving no answers and a whole lot of aggrevation. This is clearly a scam trying to get the consumer to sign up and pay when the warranty is not an affiliate of Ford or other big auto manufacturers that the company is misrepresenting. Buyer Beware as this was a $500.00 charge not a $2500 charge as I cancelled all services and told my credit card card company to deny all charges from this company and its sister company as well.

SS

Southern California

Sam s
Murrieta, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2007 01:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Great-American-Warranty/Boca-Raton-Florida-33487/Great-American-Warranty-Fraudulent-misrepresentation-scam-artists-Boca-Raton-Florida-289456. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Great American Warranty