Complaint Review: Gw Equity, Citibank,citigroup,citi Commerce Solutions

• Updated: Mon, April 04, 2011

• Reported By:Rockford Minnesota
Gw Equity, Citibank,citigroup,citi Commerce Solutions
399 Park Ave. New York, New York United States of America

Gw Equity Scam Review | Complaint INVESTIGATION: GW Equity; Claims about Company are False, all reports were filed by ex-employees, some are now competitors.Rip-off Report found GW Equity is committed to total customer satisfaction. Past & current approach of GW Equity to business is focused on providing the highest industry standards for mergers & acquisitions. Dallas Texas, Nationwide
*UPDATE: GW Equity commits to Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy, Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business.

*Consumer Comment: Due Diligence

SPECIAL UPDATE April 4 2011: Gw Equity remains committed to 100% customer satisfaction and has drastically improved their business processes over the years to better serve their customers. Gw Equity is truly dedicated to making sure ALL customers are happy with their coverage. Gw Equity continues to show customer service is of the utmost importance and they currently have no complaints!

To date, Gw Equity has addressed and resolved all reported complaints, which have always been resolved to the complete satisfaction of their customers. Gw Equity proves to be among the top members of the Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program, as a Verified Safe Business. Over time and since becoming a member, Gw Equity has remained actively engaged and improving the way they address customer service complaints. Rip-off Report has confirmed that Gw Equity is no fraud, is not a scam and is of the highest integrity. As an active and current member of the Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program we are happy to report that now more than ever Gw Equity remains committed to customer satisfaction and gets our top Verified Safe endorsement.
 Gw Equity is Rip-off Report Verified

Rip-off Report Investigation:

Editors UPDATE: Positive Rating and Recognition has been given to GW Equity for its Commitment to Excellence in customer service.

Rip-off Reports investigation of GW Equity uncovers an ongoing commitment to total client satisfaction. This means that clients can expect the company will always work towards finding a mutually satisfactory resolution to any complaints or concerns. GW Equity listens carefully to client concerns and views them as an opportunity to learn from past experiences and become more efficient as a company.

In spite of the false Reports posted by ex-employees, GW Equity recognizes the need to provide for receptive and open communication with its clients. GW Equity strives to be proactive and avoid potential issues with its clients. To this end, GW Equity has streamlined its customer service department and added new processes in an attempt to identify and resolve issues that arise with its clients more quickly.

Because of our investigation and the sincere efforts put forth by GW Equity, LLC, Rip-off Report is is confident in giving GW Equity, LLC a positive rating. GW Equity is committed to making the strategic changes to its customer service department that are necessary to reach its goal of achieving total customer satisfaction through excellent service. GW Equity expects that this goal will be achieved by taking good care of its clients.

GW Equity understands that in order to grow as a company it must reflect on any past shortcomings and work to remedy those in the future. GW Equity has allocated necessary resources to work through these and is determined to emerge a stronger organization and create value for its clients.

In spite of all such situations, Rip-off Report is confident you have a company that is ready to serve those who need more assistance and is willing to make things right if they seem to have fallen apart.

In summary, after our investigation, which included discussions with GW Equity, Rip-off Report is convinced that the company has been and is committed to quality delivery of services resulting in total client satisfaction.

NOTE: In 2009 GW Equity rebranded their name to Generational Equity, LLC. Although rebranding is not uncommon in the financial industry, the company felt like for sake of clarity and ease-of-use, that Generational Equity is a more appropriate corporate moniker. With a new emphasis on exit strategies, as well as financial evaluations and merger and acquisitions advisory services this brand is more descriptive of their new strategies for low to middle market private companies.

We used to use initials, but initials didnt register with prospective clients, explained Tom, an Executive Vice President of Generational Equity. Then we decided to write everything out, but our name was too much for clients to get to our website. Generational Equity represents exactly the right balance for our clients. GW Equity is still in operation, however, Generational Equity better represents our goal of expediting the transfer of generational wealth and equity that is in every business for the highest and best use of each business owner.

Whatever name they use, this is truly a company we feel that can be trusted by any business.. Rip-off Report personally met with the owners and top executives of the company, and we know after a long Investigation on the company, we feel they received a bad rap for nothing.

Read more about GW Equitys Commitment to Excellence and Total Consumer Satisfaction and why consumers should feel safe, confident and secure when doing business with a member of Rip-off Report's Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. ..yes, a long name for a program that does a lot for both consumers and businesses alike.

Read about Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program,..A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. this program works.

===================== Gw Equity, Citibank, Citigroup, Citi Commerce Solutions Big company Wasting Small Companies Time & Money New York New York

I was contacted by GW Equity an investment banking firm that maintained that they were the largest M&A Firm in the country. They assured me that a research team had qualified my company and that they had some investors that were specifically interested in my company and asked if I might be interested in selling off all or a portion of my company. I told them that ?everything was for sale fro a price and that I was listening.?

They told me that they had 1600 Fortune 500 Companies that were in their back pocket and that they could sell any company if the business owner could get his figures straight and represent the companies ?Value correctly? or something. It was a sellers market but this opportunity would only last as long as the interest was there.

Incidentally, they also had two experts that happened to be in my area and if I understood this was the most important sale my business would ever transact that I should drop everything and go to this seminar. I did drop everything and went.

Around noon, after explaining that what I was attempting to do was impossible without them, they told me that the simple retainer would cost me $29,000. I already have an evaluation of what my company is worth through a company that is immensely more credible than this GW Equity place so I did not even need that. What's more there was NO discussion about these ?interested? investors and the only way I could find that out was to go ahead and pay them the $29k so they could get started?Get started on what? I thought they already had interested investors, so what would be the big deal? They also assured me that ?By law? they could not guarantee the sale of my company no matter how much I paid them. So I got took. That I can take.

But what I cant take is the fact that this seminar cost me an entire day (Approx $5,000) that I wasted and that I cannot get back. I don't know who to sue, but you bet your backside I am looking into it.

Dave Rockford, Minnesota U.S.A.

Dave Rockford, Minnesota

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Citibank

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2006 03:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gw-Equity-Citibankcitigroupciti-Commerce-Solutions/New-York-New-York-10043/Gw-Equity-Scam-Review-Complaint-INVESTIGATION-GW-Equity-Claims-about-Company-are-False-222796. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gw Equity, Citibank,citigroup,citi Commerce Solutions

Due Diligence

AUTHOR: Mark - (U.S.A.)

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with this firm.

On the other hand, my brother went to one of this firms seminars in Vienna, Virginia recently and told me that it was very informative and very professional. He said he was not pressured at all, and he learned some things that made him think about his business and personal financial picture in a whole new way.

He did say that there is a fairly substantial fee that a company pays this firm to help sell their business, but he did not pay the fee and decided to consult with his attorney and estate planner instead as to whether or not he should sell his business right now. He did say one of the partnares at the firm wanted to set up a meeting after the seminar, but he thought it was just a sales pitch so he did not meet with the partner. By the way, my brother owns a 30 employee, 8 million yearly sales janitorial business that is very profitable.

I'm not sure why you are so upset about the firm, other than it seems you weren't diligent enough in getting your questions answered about the seminar you went to. As a small business owner myself, I make darn sure that I ask all the questions I need to about any 'firm' that wants to take some of my time or gives me some fluffy sales pitch that they can do things for my business that I cannot already do.

And if you are 'paying' yourself $5,000 per day, I would think that you are smart enough to know how to ask the right questions. By what you wrote and how you wrote it, I'm not convinced that you are.

Sounds more like sour grapes to me.

Either way, good luck to you.