Complaint Review: HARTFORD AUTO CLUB Aka C.A.R.

• Submitted: Tue, May 27, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, May 31, 2005

• Reported By:san jose California
HARTFORD AUTO CLUB Aka C.A.R.
3081 Saizedo Street Coral Gables, Florida U.S.A.

HARTFORD AUTO CLUB Aka C.A.R. ripoff: don't be fooled: fight back! auto club from hell! Coral Gables Florida

*UPDATE Employee: AAA our rule states

I received a mailer in the mail stating "Auto Road Service" membership on the front of the card. I almost just tossed it in the garbage as junk mail, because the company I work for provides me with excellent road service and their would be no reason for me to get another service.

For some reason I looked inside and as I read on I supposedy was being renewed and $99.00 would be deducted from my checking account/credit account. This arrived on a Saturday and they were going to deduct this from my account on Monday a Holiday. I was a little confused but not that alarmed because there was a customer service number I could call and straighten this out...WRONG!!

I called the number six times and kept getting Home Depot Roofing, probaly another rip off story. I called the number for the towing and asked them for the customer service number, he gave me the same number, and when I told him that this was the number to Home Depot he just replied that was the only number he had and hung up. I began to panic realizing that my bank was closed and would be on Monday also, then I started to think, all checks that I had written had already cleared and I had three days, counting Sat.

So I went to the ATM and withdrew my maximum, I would rather pay a insificient fund charge of 15.00 dollars than let this Auto Club take my money that I had never authorized. Tuesday Morning first thing, I called my bank and let them know what happened, I did have to go to the bank and change my account and call all my automatic payments to notify them of the change, I am in the process of calling my credit cards to inform them, then the local police, attorney general etc... they didn't get any of my money yet! but they "Hartford Auto Club" must be stopped from commiting this fraud.

I must read every piece of "junk mail" not to mention the time and hassle this is taking up. I hope I have heard the last of them, but they certainly have not heard the last from me.

Pamela
san jose, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2003 03:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HARTFORD-AUTO-CLUB-Aka-CAR/Coral-Gables-Florida-33134/HARTFORD-AUTO-CLUB-Aka-CAR-ripoff-dont-be-fooled-fight-back-auto-club-from-hell-Co-58539. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HARTFORD AUTO CLUB Aka C.A.R.

AAA our rule states

AUTHOR: Nikki - (U.S.A.)

I work for the AAA in Ohio, and our rule states that we have to have someones signature on file in order to set them up for automatic renewal. Im not sure if the company in question is AAA since everything that we send out has our logo on it, but we do have a National Office in Hartford/CT.