Complaint Review: HSBC Card Services, Household Bank, HSBC Bank Nevada, Mastercard

• Submitted: Sun, August 03, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, August 11, 2008

• Reported By:Poca West Virginia
HSBC Card Services, Household Bank, HSBC Bank Nevada, Mastercard
PO Box 81622 Salinas, CA 93912-1622 Salinas, California U.S.A.

HSBC Card Services, Household Bank, HSBC Bank Nevada, Mastercard Closed my account when the balance was transferred to another person's credit card. Salinas California

*Consumer Comment: Of course they closed it.

I was with Household Bank (HSBC Card Services) for little over 2 years. I had to be hospitalized for a medical problem that I've had since 2002 and I couldn't make payments while I was in the hospital and not having income at that time. My boyfriend had told them that I was in the hospital and can he take a message and they hung up on him or they wouldn't leave a message.

Well when everything got straightened up and still unemployeed, his mother transferred my balances including HSBC to her credit card and the credit agency that is over them had told me that the payment should have went to them instead of HSBC.

One day I had got onto www.householdbank.com and noticed that my account had been closed. I never had received any notice, no calls, no nothing from them stating my account had been closed. I didn't go through any credit companys to combine my accounts. I will never go back to them and I will tell everyone I know not to fill out pre-approved and regular credit applications dealing with HSBC because they are not any good.

I should have noticed something when my first card was "stolen" and charges over $2,000 was applied and they couldn't give me any names or a chance to prosecute the felon. They don't hae any consideration of anyone having medical problems and can't pay the minimum payments. They are a ripoff company if I've ever seen one. After I could speak with someone at HSBC instead of their collection agency, I closed out my account completely. I think that they are absolutely RUDE and DISRESEPCTFUL of others!!!!

Michelle
Poca, West Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2008 02:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HSBC-Card-Services-Household-Bank-HSBC-Bank-Nevada-Mastercard/Salinas-California-93912-1622/HSBC-Card-Services-Household-Bank-HSBC-Bank-Nevada-Mastercard-Closed-my-account-when-th-358740. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HSBC Card Services, Household Bank, HSBC Bank Nevada, Mastercard

Of course they closed it.

AUTHOR: Nikki - (U.S.A.)

You stated it had already gone to a collection agency. Of course they closed it after the balance was transferred. It wasn't because you transferred the balance to someone else's account, it was because you were so late it was already in collections.

Just make sure the credit bureaus show your balance at zero.