Complaint Review: Halfmania.com

• Submitted: Wed, March 21, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, May 22, 2007

• Reported By:Saint Louis Missouri
Halfmania.com
Ben Frankilin Station P.O. Box 14461 Washington, District of Columbia U.S.A.

Halfmania.com, Halfpriceeveryday.com scam to acqurie money from sponsers by abusing subscriber trust Washington District of Columbia

*Consumer Comment: HalfMania.com different from Half.com

Half.com/Halfpriceeveyday.com offers various items at half the price IF the subscriber signs up for various offers from their sponsers. I signed up for a Wii once my obligation was complete I paid the $135.00 to half.com from my paypal account and waited.

I got a letter stating that the item was not avaliable and that I had the choice of waiting until it became avaliable or they would send me a gift certificate for the amount of the offers I subscribed to and refund my $135. I elected to wait until the item became avaliable.

A few weeks later they refunded my money and have not answered any e-mails concerning the state of my account or the possiblity of sending a certificate to cover the cost of the offers I signed up for in an attempt to get this item 1/2 price.

During this entire time and even today they continue to advertise the wii as a possible item avaliable if the subscriber applies to their sponsers for service.
This is just plain deceptive.

I did an internet search for info on this company and found other people having exactly the same issue with halfmania.com

Daphne
Saint Louis, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2007 09:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Halfmaniacom/Washington-District-of-Columbia-2044-4461/Halfmaniacom-Halfpriceeverydaycom-scam-to-acqurie-money-from-sponsers-by-abusing-subscr-240043. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Halfmania.com

HalfMania.com different from Half.com

AUTHOR: William - (U.S.A.)

While this report has been very valuable to me, I feel I should point out that the author sometimes slips and calls HalfMania.com by the wrong name: Half.com. Half.com is owned by Ebay and is completely unrelated to HalfMania.com.