Complaint Review: Hanover Insurance

• Updated: Tue, December 18, 2012

• Reported By: Anonymous — Lenox Georgia United States of America
Hanover Insurance
440 Lincoln Street Worcester, Massachusetts United States of America

Hanover Insurance Citizens Fraudulent Billing after Policy Cancellation Worcester, Massachusetts

My monthly EFT insurance premiums for home and auto insurance continued to increase on a regular basis, so I decided to change to State Farm for an annual savings of $400+ with better coverage.

I notified Hanover and my local agent in writing 30 days in advance that I was canceling the policy. After the 30 day period, Hanover still attempted to withdraw funds from my bank account, but since I had alerted the bank in advance, the EFT didn't go through. I received termination notices from Hanover. I thought everything was fine.

I just received a bill from Hanover stating that I owe them $208.35 (which is more than my former monthly premium). The bill is for "cancellation activity" on my account. I have notified them and my former agent in writing that I consider this a fraudulent bill as there is no "earned premium" on these policies. I also notified them that I have no intention for paying this bill. This is insane.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2012 09:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hanover-Insurance/Worcester-Massachusetts-01653/Hanover-Insurance-Citizens-Fraudulent-Billing-after-Policy-Cancellation-Worcester-Massach-983728. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hanover Insurance