Complaint Review: Harris Connect

• Updated: Sat, March 24, 2012

• Reported By: 5loaves2fish — Ann Arbor Michigan United States of America
Harris Connect

Harris Connect High School Directory....SCAM Internet

*Consumer Comment: Several years ago, I also received a post card from Harris Direct..

Harris sent me a postcard asking me to please call and verify my information for a high school directory that was being printed for alumni.
I thought that perhaps my graduating class was using this company to gather our information, and keep it for reunions, etc.
When I called the number to update my information, the high pressure sales scam was ON!  It turns out that, not only do you have to PAY to update your information, but they want to sell you magazines too.
It was literally a phone dual to the death. Harris was NOT letting me off the phone unless I either 1) hung up or 2) agreed to pay them $130 for a print directory, for which I would receive 3 'free' magazines (code for 'they bill you later' for the 'free magazines")

In the end, I ended up with a $39.95 high school directory CD-rom that I have not received yet, and will send back the minute I do; and 3 magazines that I am sure I'm going to be billed for. When I called to cancel them, it was literally like trying to reach someone at the Pentagon.
Miles and miles of phone prompts leading nowhere near "cancel ALL of this".

A word of warning: when you get the postcard about the high school directory, IMMEDIATELY burn it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2012 08:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Harris-Connect/internet/Harris-Connect-High-School-DirectorySCAM-Internet-858696. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Harris Connect

Several years ago, I also received a post card from Harris Direct..

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

asking for my information.  A directory was being compiled of all the employees, ex-employees of the company I worked for.  It was sponsored by a civic group within the company.I gave my info, they gave their sales pitch, I ordered the CD and directory.

They said my credit card would be charged immediately, but the merchandise would be shipped in 4-5 months, after it was compiled and published.

They followed through on all their promises and I now have a great memento of my fellow employees of this very large company.

The CD has indexing making it easy to search by all the fields.  A quality item.

Sorry you feel you're being ripped off.