Complaint Review: Holiday Inn Club Vacations

• Updated: Sat, July 06, 2013

• Reported By: Jon — RINGWOOD New Jersey
Holiday Inn Club Vacations
Internet USA

Holiday Inn Club Vacations Misleading Sales Reps. Don't give you the fine print until after you pay.  Internet

After booking a business trip at Holiday Inn, I was transferred to Holiday Inn Vacations.  A salesman named Ralf P.  told me that since Holiday Inn is celbrating its anniversary (55th or 60th??) I was eligable for a special vacation promotion.

His deal was that if I pay $199, I would get a 3 night/4 day vacation at a flagship Holiday Inn.  I could even get my $199 back if I take a 2 hour sales tour. He said that I would have 1 year to use my vacation and my payment was non refundable.  Wanting more time to investigate his offer, I said that I wanted a couple of days to think about it.  He said that I must book now or I will loose the offer.

Being that I was a bit suspicious that this might be a hi pressure time share sales pitch, I asked as many questons as I could think of.   He used Holiday Inn's resputation to assure me that this was a good deal.  So I gave over my credit card information.

Once my card was billed, I got the fine print that Rolf did not tell me.  Rip off #1:  If I do not go to the timeshare presentation,  I can be charged up to $300.  Ripoff #2; Once you book your vacation, there is a $19.95 change of date fee if it is more than 14 days before your reservation.  If within 14 days, the fee is $135.  Ripoff #3:  The hotel that I would be staying at in Myrtle Beach, SD is a Holday Inn Express. Rooms go for about $110 per night. This deal that I got was essentially stay for 2 nights and get the third night free.  Don't use the deal in 1 year, you loose your money, unless you are willing to pay another $99.  This part is a semi-decent deal, but when I heard the word Flagship, I was under the impression that I would be in a really nice Holiday Inn.

Do your self a favor and stay away from Holiday Inn Vacations.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2013 05:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Holiday-Inn-Club-Vacations/internet/Holiday-Inn-Club-Vacations-Misleading-Sales-Reps-Dont-give-you-the-fine-print-until-aft-1064930. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Holiday Inn Club Vacations