• Report: #207899

• Submitted: Fri, August 25, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, September 30, 2006

• Reported By:Houston Texas
HomEq
4837 Watt Avenue, Suite 200 North Highlands, California U.S.A.

HomEq Miss, Equifax reporting to Credit Bureau. North Highlands California

*UPDATE Employee: farewell...

*Author of original report: Update!

*UPDATE Employee: I love my job!!!

Discovered that Equifax showed an account for a mortgage that did not belong to me. Disputed it. Response back from HomEq first time was that they were not reporting this account to Equifax. Equifax claims HomEq is reporting. Who's lying here? Yes I did have an account with HomEq that was paid off at the end of last year (Very different account number that is also showing on bureau report but as paid in full)

I had refinanced to get away from HomEq because, (as they continue to be as I found out today while attempting a second time to get this info off my credit report) most everyone you speak to is either rude or makes every attempt to shove your concerns off to someone else in another department. Run around is there middle name. Oh, and lest not forget there most favorite line "You will have a reponse back to us in 15 business days". A message to the folks that work at HomEq, If your that unhappy at your job that you cant treat humans like humans, GET ANOTHER JOB!!!!

To not lay complete blame on HomEq, For anyone out there with Equifax and or CSC, post phone numbers to reach humans. You are messing with peoples live's when you are messing with their credit! You can't even go to a public restroom anymore without someone wanting to "Check Your Credit"
PS: Would not be so bad if the person who owns the account would pay his mortgage on time!

Rick
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2006 01:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HomEq/North-Highlands-California-95660/HomEq-Miss-Equifax-reporting-to-Credit-Bureau-North-Highlands-California-207899. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HomEq

farewell...

AUTHOR: D - (U.S.A.)

I agree with you but sometimes if something is going wrong time needs to be invested by both parties to get an issue resolved. I hope you have better luck with your current mortgage company.

Update!

AUTHOR: Rick - (U.S.A.)

My loan was always paid on time and yes there were written correspondances sent. As it turns out, it was Homeq's fault but now the issue is finally resolved.

Now I can move on to my new mortgage company and raise @%*$ about the fact that they mailed out my escrow money ($1,300)to an insurance company that announced 2 weeks earlier that they were going belly up instead of sending it to the new company I had retained.

I should not have had to invest any of my time on other people's screw ups!

AUTHOR: D - (U.S.A.)

I just wanted it to be said that I work at Homeq Servicing and I love it!! The best part is being honest and very blunt about what is going to happen to their loan no matter how bad it is. I don't like being the bearer of bad new but hey that's life and you gotta roll with the punches!! I agree with you completely that people should pay their bills and on time.

Half of the people on here complaining got behind for whatever reason and now just want someone to blame their problems on since they can't catch up. As far as your issue is concerned, did you send this issue in writing to our correspondance address so that it can be investigated?? If your loan has been paid off then there's no reason we would do anything else regarding your loan, especially hurt your credit.

I think this is something you will need to deal with equifax about, must be an error on their side. Before your loan was paid off were you over 30 days delinquent??