retired

• Submitted: Wed, May 24, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, March 03, 2009

• Reported By:Oconto Wisconsin
Homecomings Finiancial
2711 North Haskell Ave Suite 900 Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Homecomings Finiancial ripoff double payments Dallas Texas

*Author of original report: Homecomings Financial still wanted more

About 2 yrs ago my husband and I fell 2 mo. behind on our mortgage. Homecomings said there was nothing for us to do but dont send anymore payments and they would contact us. Then we began getting letters of forclosure. We kept doing everything they asked in order to keep our home. But no one would ever get back with us. Finally in the long process everything was supposed to be ok. I got a call one day by from my sister and she said MY house was in the newspaper for auction on a forclosure.

We ended up on a repayment program to "help us". Double payments for 6 mo., then 1 yr., now we are at 1 1/2 yr. And after that our original agreement says theres 6000+ to still pay. Our payments went from 700 to 1300+ for 1 1/2 yrs!! I tried getting info on MY loan from the company, internet ect. but I have no access to it. I also get no info sent to me ever. I have to western union my payment every month and get no statement. We went to pay our taxes, to find out it was already paid. They also got homeowners insur. for us which was twice as much as we payed and doesnt cover nothing. And so much more.

Jessica
Oconto, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/24/2006 10:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Homecomings-Finiancial/Dallas-Texas-75204/Homecomings-Finiancial-ripoff-double-payments-Dallas-Texas-193095. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Homecomings Finiancial

Homecomings Financial still wanted more

AUTHOR: Jessica - (U.S.A.)

Its been awhile since I updated this. But was just thinking I should do so. After we paid what they asked for a year and a half, all on time of course, they did not hold up their end of the deal. They claimed we still owed more money and my husband and I made the decision to not pay them another dime and gave the home up. It was a very hard time for us and our two boys, but we came out of it stronger. I had a family member help us in purchasing a new great home and I couldnt be happier with it!

After I posted this, Homecomings contacted me...they read these reports and were not happy to say the least at what I had said!!!! Oh well it was only the truth and the people have a right to know. This is not done and wont be until they take responsibility for what they have done to all these families. Iam not innocent and was in fact late, but this should have never happened this way. You reap what you sow and it will come back on them.

Iam happy were Iam at now. The only problem is that my credit is forever ruined. There is a huge difference between a couple late payments and foreclosure. Its too bad they have gotten away with stealing thousands and thousands of dollars away from people for so long.