Complaint Review: Hot Book Sale

• Reported By: Christian — La Grange Texas United States of America
Hot Book Sale
Boca Raton, Florida United States of America

Hot Book Sale Unauthorized charge. Boca Raton, Florida

I ordered a book from Hot Book Sale and next thing I know there were additional charges on my credit card.  I phoned the 888 number and was told that $19.95 was a monthly membership fee.  I DID NOT sign up for a membership.  As a matter of fact, I made sure I unchecked the box requesting weekly information.  They also charged me $1 for "handling" the membership application.  They didn't give me too hard a time about canceling and refunding the charge.  I am concerned as to how long it will take to see the credit.  Definite rip-off as there was absolutely nothing on the check-out form that committed you to a membership.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2011 10:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hot-Book-Sale/Boca-Raton-Florida-33481/Hot-Book-Sale-Unauthorized-charge-Boca-Raton-Florida-722187. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hot Book Sale