Complaint Review: Hughes Net

• Submitted: Sat, May 24, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, May 24, 2008

• Reported By:Tillman South Carolina
Hughes Net
hughesnet.com GERMANTOWN, Maryland U.S.A.

Hughes Net customer service and billing is a rip off Hughes Network Systems, LLC GERMANTOWN Maryland

i have had hughes net for 2 years...the installation was horrible,it cost me an extra 350 dollars and the service was slow slow slow...they would not listen to my complaints,told me to call another installer,which i did,and it cost me two more hundred dollars.
finally after several months of terrible service and frequent outage during the day lasting several hours i upgrade to what they said was the middle of the road...

for two years they drafted my account for 64.79$ then in April 2008 they took 102$ then in May they took 97$ so i called just to ask why they took more money....well two days and three hours later....they put me on the phone with LOLA.....lola claimed to be the see all know all....she said there was no one else above her.....and that she didnt have to tell me her last name or any or her supervisors last name....in essence...she said since oct of 2006(19 months prior) i had been receiving their "PRO" service.....I never ever ever asked for pro service and now they were going to charge me for it ,OR slow my service down....slow my service down???from the already snails pace i was used to....

by this time i had lost my temper..in anger i told her to disconnect my service....i have really no other option for high speed....didnt really want to lose my service...but i was so angry at this woman..why couldnt they tell me within a few minutes of my first phone call what was going on,,why couldnt they have emailed me and informed me i was getting their "pro" service..within 10 seconds my service was disconnected..they lost a customer....i lost my internet..end of story

NANCY
Tillman, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/24/2008 07:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hughes-Net/GERMANTOWN-Maryland-20876/Hughes-Net-customer-service-and-billing-is-a-rip-off-Hughes-Network-Systems-LLC-GERMANTOW-334582. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hughes Net