• Report: #311967

Complaint Review: Hughes Satellite Network & Their Cronies!

• Submitted: Mon, February 25, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, February 25, 2008

• Reported By:ANY-U-Like South Carolina
Hughes Satellite Network & Their Cronies!
11717 Exploration Ln Germantown, Maryland U.S.A.

Hughes Satellite Network & Their Cronies! Complete rip-offs concerning service, up time, "fair access", support, price Germantown Maryland

Since I've had hughes net satellite services I've had NOTHING but problems! First and foremost, these sleaze bags fail to make sure that you understand that they do not have the bandwidth to support the service they're selling. They offer very minimal bandwidth usage, even with their best and most expensive plan! I was stupid enough to sign a contract for the best plan for two years. It's $90.00 per month! I ASSumed that Hughes provided service that was at least I/4 as capable as DSL or cable service, WRONG! I was also promised a rebate which, (here's a surprise), I NEVER received!

THEN came the technical problems. It's been brought out here that Hughes has user-end transmitter problems and they string you along until the warranty is up then hit you for the 300 or 400 dollars it takes to get it fixed so you can have more lousy experiences! From what I understand, I am experiencing this well known transmitter problem.

Try their "tech support"! It's some clueless, nitwit in india or the PI. They are there to just hold off any action upon legitimate problems as they cannot do ANYTHING to help you, cannot speak English well enough TO do ANYthing and simply force you to run through useless, stupid "troubleshooting" BS, that NEVER changes, no matter WHAT problem you have when you call!

Call their "billing department"! You will get a clueless, nitwit in india or PI! They CANnot and/or will NOT do anything for you! You cannot get the "secret" corporate phone number. This is truly a slime-ball company!

I have been unable to use my service and/or it's been sooooo bad as to be unusable, many days due to technical problems. Now, I'm down to being told that I have to run system speed tests on my/their satellite connection, three times each, three times a day, for three days to prove that my system is having problems! The REAL problem is, I've already called numerous times to complain! THEY have checked the system while I'm on line with them and admitted that yes, there IS a problem, STILL no help! I have to prove that I have a problem! OH! Did I mention that the email service goes down with alarming regularity too?! OUTRAGEOUS!

What EVER you do, DO NOT, under ANY circumstances, utilize the satellite services offered by hughes net!! It is a complete and total rip off. They DO NOT deliver and will not help! Please feel free to include me in ANY class action against these slime-balls.....

In fact, please, please, please, let's get together, ANYone, to initiate a class action against these slimy ripoffs! I plan to complain loud and long to the MD Attorney General, my state Attorney General, plus every state and federal government agency who has jurisdiction!

ANY-U-Like, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2008 07:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hughes-Satellite-Network-Their-Cronies/Germantown-Maryland-20876/Hughes-Satellite-Network-Their-Cronies-Complete-rip-offs-concerning-service-up-time--311967. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hughes Satellite Network & Their Cronies!