Complaint Review: Hurricane Cheverlot

• Submitted: Wed, January 30, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, April 25, 2008

• Reported By:Huntington West Virginia
Hurricane Cheverlot
200 Saturn Way Hurricane, West Virginia U.S.A.

Hurricane Cheverlot Pushy sales people, Deceptive adverising, refuse to be upfront and honest Hurricane West Virginia

*Author of original report: Update

We were greeted before we even walked in. Thinking back maybe that should have made me suspicious. I told the salesman what our budget was. I said we are prepared to spend x, do you have anything in my budget.

Rather than listen to me he kept trying to confuse the situation and make things complicated. I was willing to spend 10 grand before the 3000 trade in. Which would put us at about 7 grand.

He said their was only one vehicle on the lot we could see and it was not in our price range. He was very pushy. He kept saying are you going to buy my car today. I wanted to research but he didn't want to let me. It was horrible. My husband took the car home without buying. The next day he went back and I don't know what happened (i wasn't there) but he signed for the car.

In the end we would up paying close to 13 grand before trade in for a car that blue books for 9 1/2 and then paying close to 10 for it. Plus 12 % financing. Do not believe the commercials you will wind up giving them your car for free or even worse paying them to take it. They mark the cars up by 3 grand or more. You are not getting a good deal.

Now they have our vehicle and if the financing falls through they can repo the new one. We wanted to send the car back because the next day we experienced problems and my husband had to miss work but they were very rude to us and told us no.

Do not deal with these people they will lie, pressure you and decieve you to sell a car and then don't stand behind their product.

Angela
Huntington, West Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2008 12:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hurricane-Cheverlot/Hurricane-West-Virginia-25526/Hurricane-Cheverlot-Pushy-sales-people-Deceptive-adverising-refuse-to-be-upfront-and-hon-304615. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hurricane Cheverlot

Update

AUTHOR: Angela - (U.S.A.)

They said I had to be on the loan then jumped the financing to 19% and raised the payment by 5 $ a month and told us we could cancel the deal but we would not get our car back or trade in value for it and it would be a dock on our credit report. My husband works pretty far from home so there wasn't much we could do. I'd advise everyone to stay away from them.