Complaint Review: I FRIENDS

• Submitted: Wed, December 16, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, December 22, 2009

• Reported By: studenthappiness — Cheshire Other United Kingdom
I FRIENDS

I FRIENDS I Friends Gave freebies, Froze my bank account, Charged me unfair rates Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Reply from iFriends

Just want to say for all UK people who are keen to check out the "Free" site on Ifriends- don't!

I joined last night and checked out some of the "free" rooms. The following morning I then recieved a call from my bank advising me of a transaction taking place and they froze my card. After explaining i'd joined Ifriends they unblocked my account

Ifriends then became unresponsive, claiming the bank had not unblocked the card so I rang up customer services to ask what was going on. I then asked to cancel the membership and was then told i had $27.34 outstanding fee for visiting chatooms. I initially agreed but on closer examination, it appeared that there was charges for certain rooms that may look free. I re-rang the operator and explained the situation, and she reversed the transaction, which invalidated my membership and banned my credit card and e-mail address from being used on IFRIENDS.

Motto:- If it's free and u need a card :- Don't use it, you'll only get stung!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2009 07:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/I-FRIENDS/internet/I-FRIENDS-I-Friends-Gave-freebies-Froze-my-bank-account-Charged-me-unfair-rates-Internet-540884. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on I FRIENDS

Reply from iFriends

AUTHOR: Sarah - (U.S.A.)

When Student created his account on the iFriends service, he visited both free areas and premium fee-based areas.  The charges for the fee-based areas were prominently disclosed in advance when Student deliberately chose to access these areas.

Student contacted our Customer Care department and requested that the account be cancelled and the charges be refunded.  All charges have been refunded and the account has been cancelled, as he requested.  If he has any further questions, we invite him to contact us at 00-800-4374-3637, a toll-free call from the UK.