Complaint Review: IDT Energy

IDT Energy
550 Broad St Newark, New Jersey USA

IDT Energy Rate increase Newark New Jersey

*Author of original report: Dump IDT

I just recieved my bill.  The IDT rate was increased from about .07/Kwh to .174/Kwh, about a 150% increase.  My local company is charging .0591.  A call to IDT resulted in me being told it's a cold winter and rates went up, more BS.  I am so finished with these people, the service was changed to the local company today.  The difference between IDT and the local company for this bill is $267.00.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2014 05:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IDT-Energy/Newark-New-Jersey-07102/IDT-Energy-Rate-increase-Newark-New-Jersey-1122604. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IDT Energy

Dump IDT

AUTHOR: cosmo05 - ()

I contacted the local company, they discontinued IDT for me the same day I called, you don't need to call them for that as far as I know.  Since it was early into the billing cycle it will be cancled by next cycle,  They still have a month to rape me.  I am contcting the AGs office in PA and report them for price gouging, they need to be investigated.  My local provider is still at 5.61 / KWH, these crooks jacked thiers to 17.4 KWH.