Complaint Review: Imagine Credit Card Company

• Updated: Wed, March 24, 2010

• Reported By: michlane — Harahan Louisiana USA
Imagine Credit Card Company
myimaginecard.com Atlanta, Georgia United States of America

Imagine Credit Card Company - First Bank of Delaware Imagine Mastercard Closing accounts effective immediately. Still charging monthly access fees plus interest even though the company decided to close account not by fault of consumer. Atlanta, Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Same exact thing

August 2009 received an updated imagine credit credit as the previous card was about to expire. On 9/14/09 received a letter stating that effective immediately my account is closed with no reason given.

The company gives no reason why it is choosing to close my account in which I can honestly say that it is not due to a late payment as since I start using this card three years ago I was enrolled in the automatic payment plan that allows the company to debit my checking account twice monthly for the minimum payment due, plus I always mailed a third payment in every month to keep balance down and credit better.

The best part of the account closure letter states that even though we, the consumer will no longer be able to charge on this account due to the closure but while paying off the remaining balance due, Imagine will continue to charge the monthly account maintenance fee.  I can understand whatever percent interest that was in your terms to be continued to be charged until the balance is paid in full.  But account maintenance fee when you can no longer use the account?

Seems like we, as the consumer should be able to stop what I consider is a fraudulent act.

Any suggestions on how to do so would be greatly appreciated.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/14/2009 02:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Imagine-Credit-Card-Company/Atlanta-Georgia-30348/Imagine-Credit-Card-Company-First-Bank-of-Delaware-Imagine-Mastercard-Closing-accounts-494743. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Imagine Credit Card Company

Same exact thing

AUTHOR: macky4546 - (United States of America)

This company is really pissing me off. I have the same exact problem. Class action law suite anyone? or someone let me know what i can do