Complaint Review: Imperial Benefits

• Submitted: Wed, May 12, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, May 12, 2004

• Reported By:San Jose California
Imperial Benefits
PO Box 2488 Champlain, New York U.S.A.

Imperial Benefits ripped off by these thieves preying on people trying to rebuild credit ripoff Champlain New York

I was ripped off by Imperial Benefits. I ordered the Visa card, they took my $279.00. When I recieved the package, they wanted another $39.95 to activate my account and then they would send the Visa card. I called and asked for a return authorization number, got it and sent the package back.

The post office delivered the package in March. I called May 3 to check on my refund, the man on the phone said he could not help me with my phone number because it was not the same as the account. Then he hung up on me.

I called right back, got the same person, I think there is only one person there anyway, he said that he did not know what I was talking about when I told him that he had just hung up on me. when I gave him my new phone number again, he found my account and said that my refund was due to be mailed on May 5.

Today is May 12 and no check in the mail. No pun intended, the company phone number does not connect. A message states that due to equipment upgrades calls caanot be accepted. Another stonewall tactic used by these theives! I will report this company to the Better Business Bureau and the state attorney general.

Floyd
San Jose, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2004 09:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Imperial-Benefits/Champlain-New-York-12919/Imperial-Benefits-ripped-off-by-these-thieves-preying-on-people-trying-to-rebuild-credit-r-91238. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Imperial Benefits