Complaint Review: Inphonics - ERC Enhanced Recovery Corporation

• Submitted: Tue, May 31, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, January 17, 2007

• Reported By:Cedar Park Texas
Inphonics - ERC Enhanced Recovery Corporation
1010 Wisconsin Ave Suite 600 Washington, District of Columbia U.S.A.

Inphonics And ERC Enhanced Recovery Corporation ripoff misrepresentation and false advertising and contract ambiguity Washington District of Columbia Internet

*Consumer Comment: Just Letting Know

I had an AT&T account in good standing for over 2 years. I was looking to change over to cingular because it was inevitable. I was looking for a good deal on a bluetooth capable phone (Motorola V551). I found the best deal on wirefly.com. I read the short contract on the computer screen and it stated that a new account must be opened and the new account can not be a substitute cingular account. I wanted clarity on the contract, so I called the order number to clarify. The sales Rep. said it was ok to port your number and cross over from AT&T to cingular even know they are merging.

So, I paid $85 for the phone with a $85 mail in rebate. Two months later I get an email saying I defaulted on my Equipment Discount Contract and owe Infonics $250.Now my phone went from free to a $335 phone!They also sent me a defective phone that doesn't hold a charge!

Needless to say, I was very upset when I called Infonics!They told me that AT&T and Cingular were the same company and that constituted a breech in contract under the substitute clause. I told them the sales rep. mislead me and the so called change in service number was my original phone # portability that was so prominently advertised all over the web site.They didn't care!

I pretty much told them they misrepresented the contract and had false advertising issues on there web site.I asked for the original contract verbally and through the writing of a debt validation letter with no response. I was promptly turned over to collections in the matter of a couple of weeks.

I absolutely got hammered by ERC (Enhanced Recovery Corporation)and Inphonics collections!They threatened to make my phone bill go to $500 if I didn't settle the debit.The threat was true, they were attacking text messaging and browser messaging!I ended up turning these services off with about $20 in damage because I caught it early! Then they tried overloading my sim card by sending voicemails till the sim card can't take any more.

So, I had to shut my voicemail down! I pretty much had to endure massive amount of calls on the first weekend including multiple calls on sunday which is against fedearl law! I told the collections agent that he was breaking federal law on sunday after the third call and said," he knew it and he didn't care"!

Believe me ERC is not afraid of breaking federal laws and the fair credit reporting act!! I am now in the process of trying to cease and disist collections activity and settle the rip-off debt without trashing my credit!

I can't believe companies can get away with this!!This is truly a crime!My advice to others, is obviously don't use 3rd party internet cell phone deals.Also, if you by unlucky chance are already caught in the process, do not state," a refusal to pay this debt", or your life will become a living hell through ERC!

Mike
Cedar Park, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2005 05:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Inphonics-ERC-Enhanced-Recovery-Corporation/Washington-District-of-Columbia-20007/Inphonics-And-ERC-Enhanced-Recovery-Corporation-ripoff-misrepresentation-and-false-advert-144596. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Inphonics - ERC Enhanced Recovery Corporation

Just Letting Know

AUTHOR: Rosana - (U.S.A.)

I understand your frustartion Mike Bbut first of all is not against the FDCPA to call on sundays...2nd when a company sells the debt to another company they get a collections agency to do the job for them it all depends what company it is tht will be availto add interest to the debt ....and obvious if you state that you refuse to pay futher collection activity will continue against the account...dont get mad at the collectors they dont have the fault on something they didnt do..they just doing their job..unfourtanely your acct may go to another agency and it will not be consider harrasment becuase they are calling with an intend ...