• Report: #194483

• Updated: Fri, June 02, 2006

• Reported By:Durango Colorado
Integretel - Infoservices900.com
infoservices900.com Internet U.S.A.

Integretel - Infoservices900.com ripoff Possible dialer virus results in $40 phone bill charge Internet

My phone bill showed a $40 charge on top of my regular $25 phone bill. The charge was made by a company called Integretel. When I inquired about the charge, a representative told me that a call was made through a dial-up modem from my home telephone line to download a small software program, which resulted in the charge. The program is a dialer called information services which allows access to sports, personal entertainment, and games programming. She said someone at the residence must have agreed to a liscense agreement before downloading the program, and agreed to paying the $40 charge. No one in my house including my two roomates agreed to a license agreement, agreed to pay $40 for the service. We were unfamiliar with the service and also could not find a trace of the program on our computers.

It is likely that the Information Services program was quietly installed by a virus. I have read several reports on this website where a virus was detected on a users computer at the same time that the $40 phone charge was assessed. My computer was infected by a nasty virus in March this year. The $40 charge was billed on March 12.

I told the Integretel representative I would not pay and I presented my argument about not agreeing to any agreement making me responsible for a $40 charge. I told her I suspected it was a virus which dialed the number and installed the program, if anything. She offered to reduce the charge by 50 percent. I told her I was still not going to pay anything. Quiet easily, she offered to refund the entire charge.

Preston
Durango, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2006 02:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Integretel-Infoservices900com/internet/Integretel-Infoservices900com-ripoff-Possible-dialer-virus-results-in-40-phone-bill-ch-194483. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Integretel - Infoservices900.com