Complaint Review: Intelius

, Select State/Province USA

Intelius SCAM - INACCURATE INFORMATION DO NOT PAY FOR THIS SERVICE IOWA

*Author of original report: Still a Scam

*UPDATE Employee: Intelius Customer Care

Please DO NOT spend your money on this service.  I was searching for my ex who has not paid child support in 10+ years.  When looking up his name they had MY current address.  I just moved here and have not had contact with him in 10 years!!!!

There was also another poor woman whose name was on his account and from what I can tell the only connection she has is to have a similar name as mine, but otherwise is happily married in another state!!!

I was refused a refund because "The information that we have provided is the most recent and most updated information available in the databases that we have accessed."  Yes, MY information is accurate......except that you have my information listed under my ex husbands name!!!!

I was given a pat on the back consolation with "Normally this service would be billed at $19.95 per month. Since it was canceled within the 7-day period, you were only charged $7.95 for those 7 days of unlimited access"  Lucky me!!!!!!
DON'T DON'T DON'T USE THIS SCAM OF A SERVICE

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2014 06:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Intelius/Select-StateProvince/Intelius-SCAM-INACCURATE-INFORMATION-DO-NOT-PAY-FOR-THIS-SERVICE-IOWA-1116856. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Intelius

Still a Scam

AUTHOR: sne1516 - ()

Dear Intelius,

I did contact you.  That is how I learned that I will only be charged a mere 7.95 for your inaccurate information!  I actually asked that my information be removed from this account, but you did not respond to that.

AGAIN - Do not use this service!  Do not believe the information that you receive if you use this service!!

Intelius Customer Care

AUTHOR: InteliusCustomer__Support - ()

We apologize for any inconvenience arising from the use of our service and would like the opportunity to assist you.

Intelius solely collects and compiles the public records and publicly available information.  Local, state and federal agencies make updates to public records.  The information can come from sources such as: marketing surveys, land deeds, catalog purchases, voter registrations, lawsuit filings, court records, magazine subscriptions, and address changes.  This data is maintained with active updates from the sources; however some of the updates are out of our immediate control.

If you still need assistance, please visit the contact us page on the Intelius website for a variety of options to contact Customer Care.

www.intelius.com/emailcontact.php

We value your feedback and look forward to hearing from you.