• Report: #412018

• Submitted: Wed, January 14, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, January 14, 2009

• Reported By:Spring Texas
Internal Revenue Service, Austin, Texas
irs.gov Austin, Texas U.S.A.

Internal Revenue Service, Stimulus Payment Fraud Austin Texas

After my return from Afghanistan in December 2007, I filed an electronic federal income tax with TurboTax online. I filed single head of household with one dependent. The IRS in Austin, TX recieved my tax return with all zeros on it and didn't tell me. When I didn't get my tax refund and stimulus payment of $600, I found out what happened.

TurboTax told me that thier software is linked to the IRS computers and when I claimed my dependent that a stranger had already claimed, it zeroed out my return. To clear up the fraud, the IRS told me that I had to file a paper Amended Return, which I did and got my dependent claimed and tax return money, but they refused to give me my $600 stimulus payment because they claim the law states they can only do that for the first tax return, not ANY amended return. They refuse to take into account the electronic error.

I SAY THE LAW IS ON MY SIDE BECAUSE THE FIRST RETURN OF ALL ZEROS IS ILLEGAL AND CANNOT COUNT AS A TAX RETURN. (seriously, how can it?... no income is reported) Needless to say, the IRS continues to quote this law to fraud as many taxpayers as they can out of the stimulus payments.

Spring, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2009 12:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Internal-Revenue-Service-Austin-Texas/Austin-Texas/Internal-Revenue-Service-Stimulus-Payment-Fraud-Austin-Texas-412018. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Internal Revenue Service, Austin, Texas