Complaint Review: International Library Of Poetry

• Submitted: Mon, August 27, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, August 27, 2007

• Reported By:Belle River Ontario
International Library Of Poetry
1 Poetry Plaza Owings Mills, Maryland U.S.A.

International Library Of Poetry Rip Off Poetry Scammers Owings Mills Maryland

I was informed about the International Library of Poetry through friends who knew I wanted to get published. I figured it was worth a try and sent in my poetry. A few weeks later I received a letter about how I was supposedly a presenter for some poetry convention but since I couldn't go, I would get an award.

I began to get suspiciouse as soon as I got that letter, as I had submitted only on poem. Then reading the rest of the letter, with the price of the award, I figured that it was a total scam.

Then two months later I got two letters telling me I was published in their upcomming book, but I'd have to buy it. I had seen a documentary earlier this year that said if agencies wanted you, you didn't have to pay, they paid for everything, so I had my suspicions confirmed.

They claim my poems are copyrighten bythem, luckily I was intelligent enough to have it copyrighten before submitting them. I sent them an e-mail asking for the copyright number and two months past I still don't have one...

Belle River, Ontario

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2007 08:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/International-Library-Of-Poetry/Owings-Mills-Maryland-21117-6282/International-Library-Of-Poetry-Rip-Off-Poetry-Scammers-Owings-Mills-Maryland-270678. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on International Library Of Poetry