Complaint Review: JP Morgan Chase & Co

• Updated: Tue, September 03, 2013

• Reported By: Miffed — Melbourne Florida
JP Morgan Chase & Co
990 W. New Haven WEST MELBOURNE, Florida USA

JP Morgan Chase & Co Chase Bank Interest Rebate after Refinancing? Good luck! WEST MELBOURNE Florida

In June of 2012, I returned to my home after my contract with the US Air Force lapsed. I was unemployed and decided to take advantage of a mortage re-fi program offered by Chase Bank, who held the mortgage. They refused to reduce the principal sum in any amount, even though the home had lost roughly 1/2 its value over the last few years. However, since I was unemployed, I didn't have much choice and lowering the interest rate would lower the payment somewhat. Unfortunately, there was about $3,000 additional principal added to an already underwater mortgage, which was rolled into the new loan. What made it even more attractive was that they said if I set up a bank draft to automatically draft my checking account for the amount of mortgage payment, they would rebate me 1% of the interest I had paid for the year-which would amount equal to a mortgage payment.

The credit did not appear on my June or July statement and I went to the bank and inquired about it. They told me I had failed to fill out some paperwork within a certain time and I was not eligable for the rebate. I explained to them that I had agreeded to all the steps to get the rebate including setting up the automatic draft and what more was I supposed to have done? I filled out all the paperwork put in front of me at closing. After speaking personally with THREE bank personnel, no one has told me what was supposed to have been signed, or who "dropped the ball".

I will likely go ahead and file a complaint with the Attorney General because I have not recieved any satisfaction.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2013 07:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JP-Morgan-Chase-Co/WEST-MELBOURNE-Florida-32904/JP-Morgan-Chase-Co-Chase-Bank-Interest-Rebate-after-Refinancing-Good-luck-WEST-MELBOU-1081211. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JP Morgan Chase & Co