Complaint Review: Jackson Hewitt Franchise

• Updated: Thu, December 09, 2004

• Reported By:Prineville Oregon
Jackson Hewitt Franchise
jacksonhewitt.com Internet U.S.A.

Jackson Hewitt Franchise Liars ripoff Lied to me to get franchise money Nationwide Theives Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Jackson Hewitt ripped me off... made me poor

*Consumer Comment: Jackson Hewitt LIED TO ME TOO

I spent time interviewing Jackson Hewitt, to see if this was compatable with my background, book keeping. Carrie Short, the regional sales rep, told me this was a shoe in. Being organised, knowing software. So, I sent in the franchise money, attended the training seminars that were offered, listened to everything. I was told the software was easy to follow, and if there are ever any questions, I had 24/7 access to my personal support system.

Well their claim of being the fifth best franchise in 2004, apparenly is not adjusted for us that have to close thier doors. The big hoopla about being in big name stores, big deal, good for them, a few franchises that are staying open.. I have been lied to and scammed out of @ $27,000, and 6 months income. Refund time Carrie.

Monika
Prineville, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2004 07:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jackson-Hewitt-Franchise/internet/Jackson-Hewitt-Franchise-Liars-ripoff-Lied-to-me-to-get-franchise-money-Nationwide-Theives-121568. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jackson Hewitt Franchise

Jackson Hewitt ripped me off... made me poor

AUTHOR: Tucker - (U.S.A.)

I owned a Jackson Hewitt franchise for about 3 years in the northeast region of the US. Jeff Coe talked me into it by calling me everyday to get my $. After I signed up, I never heard form him again. Within the 3 years I sunk about $520,200, and brought in about $90,000. Do the math. I lost lots of money, and now my business is closed and I am working part time jobs trying to get some $.
Jackson Hewitt was no help at all. They did not provide me with the assistance, not was my staff properly trained.

The clients that came in the first year spread the word that we ran a bad business. They let their friends know not to come to us. I closed down for like 4 months to retrain.opened back up and still. No business. I live in a small city, so I got a reputation quickly for shoddy work, and wrong figures.

Mike Lister is the President. I eventually made enough waves that I received a disparaging phone call from him, threatening me, daring me to go against their EMPIRE.

I spoke to a CPA in my family, looks like I have a case, but I need the $ to pay lawyers with. Anyone else with this problem?

Jackson Hewitt LIED TO ME TOO

AUTHOR: Clair - (U.S.A.)

BIll from Jackson Hewitt sold me on this. I wanted to quit my regular job, have my own business, work for my self. I intervied 3 existing franchise owners, thasy all seemeed to be happy. Looking back they must all have been paid to talk to me. I sent in mt $20 k for my franchise fee and rights to the company software, went through all the training I could get from these guys. They eent through the traininng so fast, I caught about half of it. I keep calling BIll, but he says I need to speak to technical, he is just a sales guy, what a cop out. I have requested a visit or meeting with the regional support or someone that can help me understand the problems I am encountering. OR I want out, I am tired of getting no service, no support.