Complaint Review: Jackson Hewitt Tax Service

• Reported By: snowmogal — Killeen Texas United States of America
Jackson Hewitt Tax Service
1512 Lowes Blvd Killeen, Texas United States of America

Jackson Hewitt Tax Service They will take your hard earned money Killeen, Texas

My Fiance and I walked in to get our 2010 and 2011 Taxes prepared. We delayed our 2010 due to deaths in the family and a move. No worries though as we know we didn't owe money and expected refunds. My taxes were basic and simple, no itemizations that could be done in 10 minutes. My Fiances were a little more complicated with a couple of itemizations. I was stunned to learn that I would be charged $238  (almost half my return refund) and my fiance nearly $500 for his! It was only when I balked at the outrageous fees that my tax preparer shuffled herself to the back room to discuss my outrage with the Manager of the company. A few minutes later she came out and agreed to lower the fee to $138 for both my tax returns. My fiance also was extremely upset at the nearly $500 fees for his tax returns. Again our tax preparer shuffled to the back room to discuss our questioning of these ridiculous fees. My Fiance asked how they base their fees and the Manager came out to explain the cost incurred are due to the forms necessary to complete the filing. I call baloney on that when you can get the forms for free at any library or Post Office. My Fiance has been taking his taxes in for years at Jackson Hewitt and had only been charged $35-$40 previously. The Manager agreed to lower my Fiance's fees to $300 for both. Still we were fuming and feeling ripped off. They than explained that we could have the fees deducted from our returns at another $50.00 a piece. Are you kidding me! They end up giving you $20.00 discounts for every referral you bring to their office. Oh yeah, my friends and family would end up being enemies getting ripped off if we sent them to their offices. They have lost our business. They are not reputable and for now on in the future we will either file our own or have a professional who is not on the take to do our taxes. Had we not questioned their practices and put up such a fuss they gladly would have taken all they could to profit their scam artist business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2012 05:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jackson-Hewitt-Tax-Service/Killeen-Texas-/Jackson-Hewitt-Tax-Service-They-will-take-your-hard-earned-money-Killeen-Texas-841648. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jackson Hewitt Tax Service